Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Shame Vlaar didn't show a little more fight defending their corner or we might be talking about a trip to Wembley.

Vlaar should also know how it feels to be frustrated too. He gave Lowton a bollocking for not making a run on to a pass he played out wide in the first half!

Shame Vlaar didn't show a little more fight defending their corner or we might be talking about a trip to Wembley.

or if some of the forwards attacked the ball like Hansen, we might be there too.

Its everywhere Trent, ..Its rotten

Edited by TRO

You'd think after the last 3 managers they would be smart enough to insert a clause in contract for sacking due to poor performance...oh hang on these are the muppets who employed Mcliesh

Is also have thought that in the space of those 3 managers we've had 5 transfer Windows and still havnt brought a defender that can actually defend. It's so **** obvious and that's what's pissed me off the most.

Not really, the club has been in a massive decline for 3 seasons now. We've been knocking closer on the door of relegation each time. Quite a few players left at the end of last season and the squad has needed major investment - far, far more than 20m, imo. We knew that a core of the team with likes of Herd, Bannan, Lichaj, Stevens, Delph etc were Championship quality at best and it's inevitably where we'd be heading without genuine quality. It costs money.

This is my view too..

I just dont understand Randy Lerner. He doesnt want to spend money. Do the math. The amount of shit managers we have signed.. and then sacked and paid out. We could have got a more expensive quality manager that would have stayed for 2 seasons to stabilize us. Same goes with players we have signed.

Hes happy to let us sign 4-5 players on 30k wages who are awful.. yet why not just finance a player like Sissoko for 80k. I will happily get rid of Delph Bannan Ireland Herd for Sissoko. That is what Tottenham did for years.. buy quality.. have a smaller squad. We have a larger squad filled with crap.. and then we cannot sell them.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

I'm really surprised we are in this position with Lambert, but decent managers on bad runs don't go this low.

This is serious mismanagement.

ps His honeymoon period is simply gone in one foul swoop.

Edited by TRO

Paul Lambert was "gutted, disappointed and hurt" after the Capital One Cup semi-final exit at the hands of Bradford City.

Lambert was upbeat after the first-half display which saw Christian Benteke give Villa a 1-0 lead.

But James Hanson's goal from a set-piece resulted in "edginess" from his team and they were unable to secure the two goals needed to take the tie into extra-time.

The boss was upset at his team not taking their chance and reaching Wembley - and also their concession of another set-piece, after three in the first-leg.

He said: "I am absolutely gutted, disappointed, hurt, everything.

"Everyone is hurt. You will never have a better chance to get to a cup final throughout your whole career, even the young lads.

"It may take them 10 or 12 years to get even close to one again. That's the hurt.

"In the first half, we looked really fine, we looked good, we got a goal and you thought we'd go on and get the chances.

"Once they scored, the edginess came in and we started to play long balls. We don't have the players to play long balls. That's where it becomes a bit edgy.

"Even then, Andi scores and you think something might happen. But first half we should have got one or two. But again we got done by a set-piece.

"That's two semi-finals where we have lost four goals from set-pieces. The set-pieces are a concern. We practice them every day in training.

"If you have a man in the penalty area, you have to be prepared to compete with him.

"Everyone knows their job and who to pick up. It's man for man. It's me against you. That's your job. You know who you're picking up.

"You know what you're doing for corners and free-kicks. That's not hard to understand. That's black and white. It comes from an individual. It's me against you."

Lambert said he felt the team had "let the fans down."

He continued: "I am every bit as hurt as what they are. It's my responsibility. I know exactly what it's like and I know exactly what they're feeling because I am feeling the exact same.

"We played really well in the first-half. The atmosphere was brilliant. The crowd are right with you and we have let them down. The bottom line is we have let them down."

Lambert said his side would now come out and fight with an FA Cup tie with Millwall on Friday, followed by a Premier League encounter with Newcastle United on Tuesday.

He added: "There are two ways - you either lie down and accept it or you come out and fight. I am certainly not going to lie down.

"I have never done it. I will come out fighting.

"You have to pick them up. They have a game in a few days time. Fans will come a long way to watch it. You have to pick yourself up."

Make sure you pick up tickets for Newcastle.

From the OS

Explanation

Guzan was ill, so it had to be Given.

Lichaj has won all 9 games Villa have won this season. He's a lucky player for us.

Bennett on the wing in place of Ireland.

Weimann or Bowery on for Agbonlahor because they'll be sitting so deep his pace won't be needed.

keeper.png
Given

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Clark
home.png
Lichaj

home.png
Bannan

home.png
N'Zogbia
home.png
Delph
home.png
Bennett

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Benteke

Edited by Con

He shouldn't resign for going out to Bradford, as bad as it is. Roberto Martinez and Arsene Wenger didn't leave after getting knocked out by Bradford either.

It's league form which needs to determine Lambert's future.

But Arsenal and Wigan didn't get two stabs at it.

Paul Lambert was "gutted, disappointed and hurt" after the Capital One Cup semi-final exit at the hands of Bradford City.

Lambert was upbeat after the first-half display which saw Christian Benteke give Villa a 1-0 lead.

But James Hanson's goal from a set-piece resulted in "edginess" from his team and they were unable to secure the two goals needed to take the tie into extra-time.

The boss was upset at his team not taking their chance and reaching Wembley - and also their concession of another set-piece, after three in the first-leg.

He said: "I am absolutely gutted, disappointed, hurt, everything.

"Everyone is hurt. You will never have a better chance to get to a cup final throughout your whole career, even the young lads.

"It may take them 10 or 12 years to get even close to one again. That's the hurt.

"In the first half, we looked really fine, we looked good, we got a goal and you thought we'd go on and get the chances.

"Once they scored, the edginess came in and we started to play long balls. We don't have the players to play long balls. That's where it becomes a bit edgy.

"Even then, Andi scores and you think something might happen. But first half we should have got one or two. But again we got done by a set-piece.

"That's two semi-finals where we have lost four goals from set-pieces. The set-pieces are a concern. We practice them every day in training.

"If you have a man in the penalty area, you have to be prepared to compete with him.

"Everyone knows their job and who to pick up. It's man for man. It's me against you. That's your job. You know who you're picking up.

"You know what you're doing for corners and free-kicks. That's not hard to understand. That's black and white. It comes from an individual. It's me against you."

Lambert said he felt the team had "let the fans down."

He continued: "I am every bit as hurt as what they are. It's my responsibility. I know exactly what it's like and I know exactly what they're feeling because I am feeling the exact same.

"We played really well in the first-half. The atmosphere was brilliant. The crowd are right with you and we have let them down. The bottom line is we have let them down."

Lambert said his side would now come out and fight with an FA Cup tie with Millwall on Friday, followed by a Premier League encounter with Newcastle United on Tuesday.

He added: "There are two ways - you either lie down and accept it or you come out and fight. I am certainly not going to lie down.

"I have never done it. I will come out fighting.

"You have to pick them up. They have a game in a few days time. Fans will come a long way to watch it. You have to pick yourself up."

Make sure you pick up tickets for Newcastle.

From the OS

magnifying-glass.gif