Paul Lambert

Pilchard

agree with above, to win the second leg i think we'll need to score a minimum of 4 goals. If we lose to Southampton on Saturday, depending on the manner of the defeat I think Lambert would have to go. Our form would be very poor, the players dont necessarily seem to be playing for him, his transfer record is very hit and miss, defensively we are a shambles.

I want him to turn things around, I want him to reduce the wage bill but staying in the prem is the most important thing.

And who would you expect the board to bring in as his replacement and would the board give him funds to spend straight away and if so, how much? All in your wild opinion for such an interesting post.

In my opinion calls for him to walk and be sacked are absolutely outrageous.

For me this is now where the league really gets going. We have 21 days of a transfer window left and players starting to come back from injuries.

We will come out Saturday and take it to Southampton and finally start getting our act together. I dare say a few might start to realise there place is up for grabs if they can't improve with new signings imminent!

I am confident we will absolutely see a different villa team come the 2nd leg in 12 days time and look back at this day and laugh at such stupidity of those even thinking of not having Paul Lambert as manager.

• Like 1

We will come out Saturday and take it to Southampton and finally start getting our act together. I dare say a few might start to realise there place is up for grabs if they can't improve with new signings imminent!

I am confident we will absolutely see a different villa team come the 2nd leg in 12 days time and look back at this day and laugh at such stupidity of those even thinking of not having Paul Lambert as manager.

I think i've read similar throughout different points in the season.

I guess if you keep saying it it may come true at some point.

Well said Harry. I actually think Chelsea losing is the best thing that could of happened tonight. Imagine Chelsea winning and having one foot in the final, do you think our places would want to face them again? Going into she second leg knowing hat Swansea have one foot in the final could give us he push we need.

I don't know if I'm alone here, but after the Chelsea-Swansea result I'm now actually a bit more optimistic about our chances of finally winning a trophy than I was before yesterday's debacle.

Before yesterday, I was thinking we would probably beat Bradford, but would almost certainly be playing Chelsea in the final. A team that recently beat us 8-0 and that we didn't look even remotely capable of competing against. A final you're almost certain to lose is not something you can get very excited about. I was thinking we might even need to bring McLeish back for a few days on some kind of short-term "keep the score down" contract to at least keep it out of the record books.

Swansea, though, is a very different prospect. Yes, they're clearly currently better than us. Who isn't? But we've still beaten them and drawn with them in the two games we've played against them season. So even though they might be favourites, you'd still feel that anything could happen over ninety minutes and that we had a real chance.

Terrible as our result was, the results in the first legs actually make the second leg against Bradford a lot more exciting than it would have been if, say, VIlla had won 3-1 and Chelsea had beaten Swansea 3-0.

Poor as our team is, we still have a chance of being in the final. Beating a Fourth Division team by two goals over ninety minutes (which would take us to extra time) is not an impossible challenge.

I just don't like the shit ones. I loved Taylor, Atkinson, Little and Gregory, even O'Neill for a year or two. Houllier, McLeish and Lambert though, seldom have a more useless set of arsewipes infested a club three years running, and Lambert is easily the worst of the lot.

Perhaps the reason they appear so useless to you is because they have each inherited poorer squads than their predecessors and have had to contend with a prolonged period of cost cutting unheard of even in the days of Ellis all with the same level of expectation from most of our living-in-the-past fanbase. I saw a post earlier on Heroes and Villains listing reasons why we "deserve" better and spat my drink out in embarrassment. Our squad is shit, and our boardroom have created a mess that has made it extremely difficult for each manager coming in.

P.S. That last bit is ludicrous.

The only laughable thing i see is now the very small minority continuing to mock those who aren't happy or impressed with our season so far.

Silly thing to say, and no need, really. Nobody's doing any mocking, and nor is there anyone who seems to be either happy or impressed with the season so far.

If you were Lerner what would you do? Given time he will build a solid team, but how much time?

It makes no sense to sack Lambert, but we can't risk going down because he is too proud to admit his errors.

Director of Football anyone?

My view is still that Randy either backs or sacks PL.

We cannot afford to fanny about in the usual way Lerner does not really making any descisions, he really needs to grow a pair and give PL the funds to stay in the league.

None of us can be happy with what we see on the pitch but why are we the only premiership club shopping in the bargin basement at the moment??

• Like 1

The only laughable thing i see is now the very small minority continuing to mock those who aren't happy or impressed with our season so far.

What is even more laughable (and slightly worrying) is your constant posting of crap like this in every thread. Almost revelling in it all, oh and you never mock or get at posters? Once again pot kettle springs to mind.

You agree lambert shouldn't be sacked yet your posting in this thread over and over fanning the flames, why?

Makes no sene.

It looks to me like we are trying very hard to follow in Coventry City's footsteps.

They sold their best players and cut cost's and look where it has got them ?

Let's be realistic and look outside the box for a minute.

We can't beat teams like Chelski,Spurs etc, we also cant beat teams like QPR,Wigan and Bradford so for us to turn our season around is an impossable task.

We have only half a season to go and we still have to play the Chelski's and Man Ure's of this league.So, I have 1 simple question.

Where the hell are our points going to come from ???? :(

What is even more laughable (and slightly worrying) is your constant posting of crap like this in every thread. Almost revelling in it all, oh and you never mock or get at posters? Once again pot kettle springs to mind.

You agree lambert shouldn't be sacked yet your posting in this thread over and over fanning the flames, why?

Makes no sene.

So if I don't think he should be sacked, which is more to do with timing than anything he's shown as a manager, so i can't share my opinion on him?

That's strange.

The players and manager better put a shift in on Saturday or things could turn very ugly

I would agree with that but the very notion is unhelpful as I suspect the players will think the same which just heaps more pressure on them.

My real worry is what are we doing in the transfer market. The silence is a real concern. Lambert needs to get his act together as who we bring in or don't defines our season and our PL status.

Honestly I can't see anyone doing that. I don't think staunchest of PL's supporters are impressed with recent developments. Maybe in your mind?

The fact is this mess wasn't created by one man over night it was created by years of failures, so I firmly believe Lambert needs minimum of 12 months. (3 transfer windows) to turn it around. That is a fair amount of time and expectency to start see positive signs.

No way should lambert go, even if we go down he should not go, lamberts a good manager and he will get better as time goes on, granted we are in a mess and he has made mistakes but who would we replace him with?? Let's for once stick with our manager through bad times, big mistake if he goes, I for one will be singing his name on saturday no matter what, by all means boo the players off if were shit as we normaly are at mo but lambert needs our backing end of

• Like 1

I want Lambert to succeed, I really do, and while angry on Tuesday I was thinking maybe we should sack the bugger,especially if we lose to Southampton and the Baggies, I don't thin kwe should as there's no one else we could get that would give us any better a chance to stay in the league. Thing is, we're actually doing a bit better than I expected after seeing us at Forest, West Ham and Everton at the start of the season. Back then, I was thinking we were nailed on for a relegation place com the New Year, but things would improve and we'd be fine. But I just don't see any signs of improvement. I don't see the team gelling, and any sort of fluid football. It's pass around the back, and a hoof to Benteke. We started doing that at Southampton away and I was hoping we'd have grown out of it by Southampton at home. We seem to have stopped the pressing football that gave us success against Newcastle and Swansea early in the year too. It's worrying me.

Edited by blunther

I would agree with that but the very notion is unhelpful as I suspect the players will think the same which just heaps more pressure on them.

My real worry is what are we doing in the transfer market. The silence is a real concern. Lambert needs to get his act together as who we bring in or don't defines our season and our PL status.

A good point Harry! Liverpool and Chelsea both needed new strikers and in they go and get Sturridge & Ba respectively and each has started to make a difference already!

No way should lambert go, even if we go down he should not go, lamberts a good manager and he will get better as time goes on, granted we are in a mess and he has made mistakes but who would we replace him with?? Let's for once stick with our manager through bad times, big mistake if he goes, I for one will be singing his name on saturday no matter what, by all means boo the players off if were shit as we normaly are at mo but lambert needs our backing end of

Sorry mate but I find that post of yours a bit odd. You will cheer the manager's name regardless of how we're doing but you would boo off the players?! That does not make sense to me. You said Lambert will get better as he goes on, the same might apply to the players if their confidence isn't totally knocked out of them by being booed off!