Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Game was in their favour because he handed the initiative to them. They were dire at the back, we should have put them on the back foot. Having 10 players within 10 yards of each other on the edge of you own box is dire stuff. Deafult setting of hoof it to either gabby or benteke came into effect pretty quickly in the scond half. Lambert was poor today and not for the first time.

It's not even worth addressing this - your inability to look at things without your anti-Lambert agenda is frankly tragic.

Game was in their favour because he handed the initiative to them. They were dire at the back, we should have put them on the back foot. Having 10 players within 10 yards of each other on the edge of you own box is dire stuff. Deafult setting of hoof it to either gabby or benteke came into effect pretty quickly in the scond half. Lambert was poor today and not for the first time.

I find it difficult to disagree with this. The way we were set up invited QPR to play, it was like we had 10 men out there. It was an appalling performance for the most part.

I was really looking forward to a fresh start under Lambert but as time is moving on I see nothing but negativity in our style of play and a lack of understanding where we are failing during games. I appreciate he wants 11 hard working players on the pitch chasing the ball in pairs and closing down spaces, the problem is the players are just not good enough to play this way without exposing themselves, looking like headless chicken and finding themselves out of position. I don't think I can remember a time when so many fans have questioned consistently, who's playing where?! The last couple of games we appear to have completely abandoned the left hand side.

We are far to narrow and isolate Benteke so much during games and without natural wide players in this system, we can't find the spaces especially with Gabby and Wiemmann(not today) drifting inside congesting the midfield even more. This is why I personally think we have started to play a long ball game at times when we run out of ideas, just hoofing it up to benteke in the hope he can hold it up when I think we should be trying to find him more space by pulling the opposition back four apart, not allow them to tighten up. We should as a unit expand when moving forward and tighten without and It's just not happening.

I do hope thing's turn around but the football we play although there is plenty of endeavor there is a serious lack of anything else, certainly not least the attacking football so passionately spoken about when he took over.

I don't really know what to think at the moment. I was really excited about Lambert being our manager, even going as far as to say "at last, our days as a relegation threatened team are over." But now we look like the worst team in the league, being outplayed by 3 of the 4 teams below us already. We have a massive lack of experience in our team and Lambert isn't even playing those who have experience. How Bent and Ireland can't get in the team when we are crying out for creativity and goals is baffling.

I have been happy with Lambert so far, but today was a horrible performance. The initial set up was all wrong, the half time non-change was ridiculous, and the subs were horrific.

I do not like the constant moaners, but if you cannot conjure up criticism after that performance then you are no different that the posters you constantly bemoan.

It does not matter if you are always positive or always negative, you are lacking in the same thing. Objectivity.

Lambert is doing what he can with what limited resources he's been given.

The mindset of the modern football fan is to have success quickly or bring in the new guy. That approach is grand if you give the new guy hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players and transfer money to build a team. We can't do that, and so we need to take a more patient approach. Sure, there will be misakes and awful games and dubious decision making, but it is all part of the learning curve.

It'll be a long, frustrating season and many fans won't be happy. However, turning this club around is a job that needs doing and save an oil baron taking us over, this is how it will and must be done.

Keep calm and carry on and all that.

• Like 4

really scrappy game, shit conditions, loads of players slipping and giving the ball away. had benteke not been just offside i think we'd have gone on to win and been a lot more comfortable.

last two performances haven't been at the levels of the man u or arsenal games that's for sure. i don't think you can say we were overly negative though. with 20 mins to go we looked to protect a point and did it successfully. where's the harm in that? we were 3/1 to win and the draw was 2/1, QPR were favourites to win at even money. we've upset the bookies for the second time in 3 games.

we'll get better, have a bit of faith. there were a couple of spells of good possession that really got us out of a hole in the second half and that's the sort of stuff we need to build on. as it stands we're 2 points clear of the drop zone and we've just got 5 points from the last 3 games. the players know and we know that the team can play a lot better than today. hopefully we'll be less nervous against stoke and get 3 points for 8 points in 4 games.

UTV.

Lambert is doing what he can with what limited resources he's been given.

The mindset of the modern football fan is to have success quickly or bring in the new guy. That approach is grand if you give the new guy hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players and transfer money to build a team. We can't do that, and so we need to take a more patient approach. Sure, there will be misakes and awful games and dubious decision making, but it is all part of the learning curve.

It'll be a long, frustrating season and many fans won't be happy. However, turning this club around is a job that needs doing and save an oil baron taking us over, this is how it will and must be done.

Keep calm and carry on and all that.

I agree with this and I think anyone calling for Lambert's head is a couple fries short of a happy meal, but not recognizing and accepting the truly horrific nature of the performance today shows an equal lack of objectivity.

This was always going to be a tough season for us given what lambert inherited and the changes he had to make, no one surely expected us to be top 8 this year? I'm afraid that when you are in the bottom half this is what you get. Things will improve and I do not think we will get relegated.

For me things have improved already. Today was a decent point against a team buoyed by being the first home game for their new manager, looking for their first win and many, including many villa fans, expecting them to get it. For me in normal circumstances villa would have folded under that and I am thrilled they showed the resilience not to, a good sign.

Lambert is still the best manager for us.

• Like 2

This was always going to be a tough season for us given what lambert inherited and the changes he had to make, no one surely expected us to be top 8 this year? I'm afraid that when you are in the bottom half this is what you get. Things will improve and I do not think we will get relegated.

For me things have improved already. Today was a decent point against a team buoyed by being the first home game for their new manager, looking for their first win and many, including many villa fans, expecting them to get it. For me in normal circumstances villa would have folded under that and I am thrilled they showed the resilience not to, a good sign.

Lambert is still the best manager for us.

I was expecting Lambert to be more adventurous today, but I can understand him being more careful against them on first home game under Redknob. We really need up the game against Stoke and get the three points.

One aspect that was pleasing is 2 spells near the end where we kept the ball , now granted we didn't progress with it but it took the sting out of QPR.That is something in previous seasons and even under MON that wouldn't of happened we would of just kept hitting the ball long and sitting deep.

Bent and Ireland were not used but have been previously.We have rotated alot and tried different systems again progress from the rigid systems and same players every match we have worked to previously.

• Like 1

I think you're taking a lot away from QPR's performance - they were really up for this game and pushed us hard.

This is correct, they played well and very hard for their new manager. I am dissapointed with an away point as well (which is progress) but we should not pretend we were the only team playing. QPR were fired up and intense with the crowd really behind them.