Formula One - 2013

BOF

going to assume mclaren have just already written off this year's car and getting properly into next year's car. Terrible performance again even allowing for weather.

They could still use last years car and be higher up. Terrible decision to gamble with this car

The more they use it, the more data they gather along with live testing of updates in race conditions. There's little to be gained by using last year's car.

It's moot whether last year's car is quicker anyway, as the competition has also moved on too. It's all relative to the competition, as much as outright speed.

going to assume mclaren have just already written off this year's car and getting properly into next year's car. Terrible performance again even allowing for weather.

They could still use last years car and be higher up. Terrible decision to gamble with this car
The more they use it, the more data they gather along with live testing of updates in race conditions. There's little to be gained by using last year's car.

It's moot whether last year's car is quicker anyway, as the competition has also moved on too. It's all relative to the competition, as much as outright speed.

Yeah I agree, but the speed they're developing this years car they will struggle to get a podium this season

Race predictions?

Dry start apparently with strong chance of rain in the race, still fancy alonso to get a win here

Edited by Jimzk5

as long as vettel crashes I don't care really. Alonso or Kimi for the win, ideally both those two finishing 1st and 2nd in any order. 

edit: as long as vettel doesn't finish is a better way of putting it. Don't wish him any harm, just don't want him scoring points tis all. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Well that was pretty boring.

McLaren are way off the pace and cannot see that changing this season, and the amount of cars that were lapped was crazy.

Sad news that a Marshall lost his life after the race helping to move Gutierrez crashed car.

Some sadder news.  One of Birmingham's favourite sons, and in my eyes a contender for greatest living Englishman has been told he has cancer. 

•  
  • Press Association
  • The Guardian,  Monday 17 June 2013 23.21 BST
Murray-Walker-008.jpg
Murray Walker was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer during tests after breaking his pelvis in a fall last month. Photograph: Action Images

Murray Walker, the former Formula One commentator, has been diagnosed with cancer.

The 89-year-old told the BBC that he has been diagnosed with a form of lymphatic system cancer but said that the condition is treatable.

"They've caught it incredibly early. It's treatable, the doctors say my condition is mild and I'm very hopeful," said Walker, who will now miss this month's British Grand Prix.

Walker, who was diagnosed with the illness during tests after breaking his pelvis in a fall last month, is to undergo chemotherapy over the next few months.

Walker's distinctive commentating style became synonymous with motor racing as he covered the sport for more than half a century, with both the BBC and ITV. He retired from full-time commentary after the 2001 US Grand Prix but has continued to work for the BBC's F1 website.

The BBC's Formula One editor, Mark Wilkin, said: "I spoke with Murray and it's good to hear he's in good spirits. Our thoughts are with him and we're all really hopeful he can make a full recovery."

Good to hear it's one of the more treatable ones. In a way, being 89 probably meant it was caught earlier than it might have been on someone younger (they probably wouldn't have broken their pelvis for a start). Goes without saying that I hope he beats it. He is a big part of why I'm an F1 nut. As a kid, I couldn't help but get wrapped up in the race while listening to his boundless enthusiasm for anything and everything that was going on.

Â