January Optimism Gauge

maqroll

I am having the optimism knocked out of me by the day with Villa but I wanted Lambert as manager and there is nobody else out there other than Mourinho and a shed load of cash that can fix us. I was not cocky like some about beating Bradford easily this is Villa after all we do things the hard way!! I am actually more confident now we are behind the 8-ball so to speak that we can turn it around at Villa Park but that has nothing to do with the team inspiring me more the fact that if your name is on the cup nothing will stop you!

League wise we need players desperately that's obvious but will the board back their choice of manager? If they do we will be ok if not you can blame them for our relegation.

Us as fans have our part to play in this too. We can moan on places like this but at the game we have to give the lads 100% backing for 90 mins. You can boo after the game if we are pants but destroying these kids confidence by giving them the bird during the game is not going to help. They are human like me and you very few people respond to abuse in a positive way, most just go into their shell and hide and we need 11 players fighting for each other till the end of the season and the crowd really being the 12th man.

• Like 1

Quote from Blackadder

You really are as thick as clotted cream, that's been left out by some clot, and now the clots are so clotted, you couldn't unclot them with an electric de-clotter, aren't you, Baldrick?

Absolutely nothing to do with the thread but my optimism for Villa's season has disappeared up a Dodo's arse.

Quote from Blackadder

You really are as thick as clotted cream, that's been left out by some clot, and now the clots are so clotted, you couldn't unclot them with an electric de-clotter, aren't you, Baldrick?

Absolutely nothing to do with the thread but my optimism for Villa's season has disappeared up a Dodo's arse.

lol - something to actually make me smile today. Thanks dude

After reading the threads on here today my optimisim is at a all time low. I am not sure whats happening wiht the Stephens transfer. As of last week it was nearing completion and Stephens was 'buzzing' about the move. It seems to have not gone anywhere and reading hairyhands post it would not surprise me if Lerner has decided not to spend the money. If true I will be so pissed off. To the point where I will write a very stern letter to PL and RF. Stern.

Could well be 'Omariqy?'

Wasn't there a rumour that O'Neill wanted to buy Parker as a replacement for Milner but the chairman said no. That type of interference by a chairman usually results in the manager walking although you might understand the chairman's position concerning the Stephen's transfer when Lambert's youth policy isn't producing the results?

Low.

We have a poor squad devoid of any confidence. The worrying thing for me is Lambert does not seem to be able to motivate them or improve on the same mistakes that have been made over the last few weeks.

Â