January Optimism Gauge

maqroll

I think it's fair to say that this will be the most important transfer window in years, and maybe ever, considering the TV money at stake...this will be a tooth and nail fight to the end even if we strengthen the side. If we don't get some quality players that can come right into the team.... :unsure:

My optimism depends very largely on how players return from injury and who we purchase in the window.

If we can manage to get Baker and Vlaar back by Southampton, then I will be far more confident that we can climb the table, likewise with Gabby. When it comes to additions, if we get players in the window that can contribute immediately. whether on loan or through purchase (CDM,CM,CB,CF), I'll be very confident. We do have to act quick though because QPR will be throwing money at it, we know, and the quicker we start picking up more points, the better!

Why ?

I can't really explain it but I am to, fairly optimistic that is. I think we have had rotten luck with injuries and with a bit of experience brought in at the back and in the middle I reckon we will be ok.

Maybe it is blind faith and just not wanting to experience the alternative to safety but I believe we will be ok in the end and push on next season.

Currently we are in big big trouble. This transfer window is the most important month in our premier league history. Sweeping changes are needed at centre back, left back but most importantly the middle of the park. All of our fit midfielders are crap beyond belief

Edited by KHV

Why ?

gut feel.

We have a young developing team, we are in a transfer window where I expect us to strengthen, we are in the semi final of one of the three domestic competitions, we have a brilliant manager and we have got rid of houllier and mcduff

Hopeful. One of the most important months of our premier league history. Both in terms of matches and transfers. I saw signs of recovery in the second half today. If all goes well we could be looking upwards towards mid table and ian league cup final.

gut feel.

We have a young developing team, we are in a transfer window where I expect us to strengthen, we are in the semi final of one of the three domestic competitions, we have a brilliant manager and we have got rid of houllier and mcduff

Lambert hasn't done anything to warrant the description of being brilliant!

Based on the evidence this season I am still pessimistic but hopefully that will change after the window has shut at the end of the month?

Richard you have been challenged on your defination of Lambert by other posters as well.

Looking at where we are and how the team are playing one can only conclude that Lambert's tenure to date with us has fallen some way short of being brilliant. It hasn't even been satisfactory.

He needs more time than a few months and one transfer window. We have an awful squad of players. It needs to be rebuilt. The majority of our kids arent good enough, the top earning players are not worth what they are paid. Our best players have pretty much been Lamberts signings (apart from KEA and Bennett). He needs another 2 or 3 windows to get the squad how he wants it. I know its hard but we have to be patient. PL has made mistakes and hopefully he will correct the slide.

Â