The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

Givens main asset has always been his shot stopping. I'll take Guzans command of his area and presence allied to his own shot stopping ability over Given every day of every week of every year.

really good matchwinning performance from Given today though and Im happy for him

Top bloke as well, Given.

Great save.

He's been harshly treated on here in the past. I don't think Shay has ever been short of great for us. He's just not as good as Guzan.

Guzan is the number 1. Nothing changes there. But I have no problem with Shay starting in the cup.

That save was totally world class, really impressed with his performance today. I was gutted for him that we didn't keep a clean sheet.

It's almost a shame that we have two such high quality keepers because one won't start most of the time. I thought today was great, but honestly I'd still start the league with Guzan.

I actually disagree with most here and think he should start in the next league game. He has earned it after that performance and Guzan has looked a bit shaky lately (but tbf, who hasn't).

I'd second that, give Given a run of games. He's still a top class keeper...

I actually disagree with most here and think he should start in the next league game. He has earned it after that performance and Guzan has looked a bit shaky lately (but tbf, who hasn't).

I think Guzan deserves to benefit from the lift of a new manager as much as anyone else. Keep Given fresh for the cup games. 

Â