The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

I thought he might have gone somewhere where he would play. I'm quite shocked.

Graeme bailey (sky sports northern reporter and boro fan) saying on twitter boro would only offer 1 year deal and stoke are offering longer

It's all about the money then. He must enjoy life as a part time keeper. I've never been a fan, I always thought he was overrated at his peek, and I'm glad he's gone. But he's never said a bad word about anyone at the club...and I genially think he's a good guy. I wish him well.

Awful transfer though.

Can't really blame him at his age if he's taking the money.

It's not like he needs to further his career by playing week in week out is it? He'll be back up for a couple of seasons and get a coaching job somewhere. 

Fair play to him.

If Friedel can be back up until 44 then Given probably can do the same as well plus like Friedel I think Given is a valuable source of information for young players. He isnt a diva and he has seen it all and help out when needed

• 2 weeks later...

According to SSN, he has decided to make a comment vis-a-vis Delph saying he 'made the right decision'.

What is it with Given?... He did pretty much the same thing about Gareth Barry when City signed us and criticised us for having a go....

Its almost like he doesn't like our club having good players...

According to SSN, he has decided to make a comment vis-a-vis Delph saying he 'made the right decision'.

What is it with Given?... He did pretty much the same thing about Gareth Barry when City signed us and criticised us for having a go....

Its almost like he doesn't like our club having good players...

that would be Shay Given that played for Man City when Gareth Barry signed?

• 8 months later...
Â