• Holman
    • Lichaj
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 56)
    • Ireland (for Westwood 56)
    • Bowery (for Holmen 79)

but not 8-0

Depends. They beat Wigan 8-0 a couple of seasons ago. There are several teams I think would've been beaten by that scoreline (or possibly more depending on the goalkeeper). Not that it makes today's result any less disgusting, but it's important to remember that we're not the worst team in the league despite what people make out.

It should be noted that Chelsea were playing like a world class side today. That first goal from Torres was a cut above. We didn't cover ourselves with glory, but the way Chelsea were playing, they'd have beaten every other team in the division.

I actually thought Liverpool's outfield play was as good as Chelsea's, but without the goals.

I thought Villa pressed Liverpool and didn't press Chelsea.

funny how we all see things differently.

ps any of the top four are capable of being world class if you let them be.

Sadly there's not even a shred of truth in that. We came nowhere near playing Liverpool off the park last week. We just happened to score 3 great goals and they faffed around missing their chances. You make it sound like we bossed the game and ran the show. I can only assume you either weren't there or didn't watch it on the box

okay okay fair enough I was only exaggerating. We were well and truly deserved winners though.

That team is the strongest in the league and I wouldn't be surprised to see them put more past another team this season.

Let's learn from our mistakes and move on. And let's strengthen in January.

take a bet now

they won't score 8 goals in another 2 seasons in any competition.

that includes the cups with lower league opposition.

ps That how bad it is.

I am one of those "poor bastards" - recorded it on SKY, got home just after 6, watched first half to 3-0, hoped we might make a spirited comeback or at least stem the tide in the 2nd half, but once No.4 & 5 went in I just kept fast forwarding! Couldn't bear to watch the intervening play!

Lambert got it badly wrong today. Moses made mincemeat of Lichaj! Wing backs may have worked on the counter against L'Pool but today it was completely wrong!

Terrible display, but funnily enought think we could still get a result against Spurs!

But Lambert has to get the tactics right.

It's not too early to break out the christmas grog Mike.

Villa fans in hilarious shocker.

Overreact when we're doing okay, or suspiciously very quiet then we get a hammering suddenly pipe up.

We're not as bad as we were today and not as good as we were previously.

Don't let that get in the way of a good overreaction.

Change this change that, should have done this should have done that.

Said it before and said it again us villa fans need a relegation to give them some perspective, completely lost it.

Overreact when we're doing okay, or suspiciously very quiet then we get a hammering suddenly pipe up.

Said it before and said it again us villa fans need a relegation to give them some perspective, completely lost it.

Been saying it for yonks.

The fact weve won **** all for 16 years appears to have gone a miss with most. We are after all this 'great' (Great lol) club that won the european cup before half the population of this site were born.

Leicester City, Brum, Doncaster Rovers have won more silverware than us recently.

I actually thought Liverpool's outfield play was as good as Chelsea's, but without the goals.

I thought Villa pressed Liverpool and didn't press Chelsea.

funny how we all see things differently.

ps any of the top four are capable of being world class if you let them be.

I'm not sure we are seeing things differently. Chelsea were world class on the day, and we were poor. Where do our opinions differ

Depends. They beat Wigan 8-0 a couple of seasons ago. There are several teams I think would've been beaten by that scoreline (or possibly more depending on the goalkeeper). Not that it makes today's result any less disgusting, but it's important to remember that we're not the worst team in the league despite what people make out.

...but we are not Wigan Mantis

I thought we hade more about us than this.

Not taking anything away from Chelsea, but my address would be more with Villa.I have a suspicion that, that has already been said " reading their own publicity"

We Give them far too much space and opportunity today.

Can't remember anything as cringeworthy as that in quite a long time.

Absolutely **** murdered, although Dowd the prick set the tone by giving them a free kick after 20 seconds.

None of the penalties should have been awarded.

Dowd just sucks the top teams collective bell-ends.

Eight **** nil. I feel like Golden Gordon.

Perspective?

Because some aren't impressed with the fact we let in 8 goals for the first time in over 3000 games?

...but we are not Wigan Mantis

I thought we hade more about us than this.

Not taking anything away from Chelsea, but my address would be more with Villa.I have a suspicion that, that has already been said " reading their own publicity"

We Give them far too much space and opportunity today.

I'm not sure we are seeing things differently. Chelsea were world class on the day, and we were poor. Where do our opinions differ

If you " let the be" they are all world class ( top four)

The "let them be" bit.

I have no doubt, Chelsea are a better team than us.

I have also no doubt they are not 8 goals better than us.

I have also no doubt that if we don't close teams down as a pre-requisite any of the top four are capable of scoring 8 goals against us.

moral of the story "our fault" don't think you have arrived when you havn't.

Not too many predicting europe now I see. A reality check which was needed.

That said, we all must get behind the team now as the players will be devastated.

The next game will define our season in the Premiership.

Buy, buy, buy or Bye to the Premier League.

Did they change the rules? Does getting thrashed 8-0 also mean you lose points?

Not too many predicting europe now I see. A reality check which was needed.

That said, we all must get behind the team now as the players will be devastated.

The next game will define our season in the Premiership.

Not too many people were predicting Europe before either.

Â