• Westwood
    • Holman
    • Lichaj
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 56)
    • Ireland (for Westwood 56)
    • Bowery (for Holmen 79)

They didn't mean to lose 8-0, and it wasn't as if they didn't try. This kind of thing is nonsense.

You pay your money, you take your chances.

Agreed. Never got the whole "hammering = reimburse the fans" nonsense. I pay to watch Villa, it's my choice. I've seen a fair few hammerings in my time and some great wins. Would we expect to pay the club extra if we won an away game like at City? No. It's awful to watch a result like today but we played as bad as if not worse in the second half against Southampton. Which i was at, and was appalling.

The next game will define our season in the Premiership.

Nah, it won't. You're putting far too much importance on it. The entire season will define the season. The next game will be just one game that we might get a decent result from, or might not.

PL era my foot. It wasn't just the PL era but entire history.

Less than half a season into his tenure, Lambert has overseen the worst ever defeat in the club's entire history. Time to **** off. Next better manager please.

Who have you got in mind for the next manager? Will you give him half a season too?

Not too many predicting europe now I see. A reality check which was needed.

That said, we all must get behind the team now as the players will be devastated.

The next game will define our season in the Premiership.

I still think we can finish 11th

I didn't expect anything today but am desparatley disappointed with the way we performed - I think our style of play is least suited to games against ManC and Chelsea with their Silva, Hazard,Mata-type players. That said we shouldn't concede 8 to anyone

Not much positive to take out of this at all - I thought Ireland did ok and I thought Weimann worked hard. Benteke was very poor and I'm not sure Bannan is the answer in midlfield. At least RL can be in no doubt that we need to stregthen considerably in the window

I agree that a performance against Spurs is crucial - a point there and a win against Wigan might go someway to quiet the overreaction at an admittedly shocking perfromance

Many of us as fans already accepted we are in a battle with around 5 other clubs at the bottom of the table.

Sadly some fans believe we have more chance of finishing nearer to the top 6 than 18th. Oh well, there is no legislating for dreamers!

Sadly some fans believe we have more chance of finishing nearer to the top 6 than 18th. Oh well, there is no legislating for dreamers!

Get over it FFS. First of all that is still possible. Second of all it was just one prediction. Sorry that we're not all doom-mongers.

I think our style of play is least suited to games against ManC and Chelsea with their Silva, Hazard,Mata-type players.

No, our style of play is obviously not suited to teams that have footballers in their side. Perhaps a Vinny Jones inspired Wimbledon FC may be resurrected just for us!

Sorry to hear that you suffered through that. I'm sure that you'll regain your voice before long though :P

Biggest villa defeat I've ever seen live. I was in the Chelsea end which made it twice as bad. Heads should roll for this.

Well that was hard to watch, think I had a pint every goal we conceded :blush: Shocking, embarrassing and gutless performance from every outfield player in claret and blue today, feel sorry for Guzan (MOTM as would be been double figures without him). Just proves we need a new midfield, Bannan thinks he is Xavi/Iniesta and Holman was like a headless chicken today. Lerner (word removed) needs to get his cheque book after selling his NFL team for near enough 1 billion, we need urgently a DCM who can project the back four, who looked like a shitting dog today. Was about to get a half ST tomo but thinking maybe I'll save the £225 currently in my back pocket.

Biggest villa defeat I've ever seen live. I was in the Chelsea end which made it twice as bad. Heads should roll for this.

Well you can tell your grand children that you were there when Villa suffered their biggest defeat in their entire history. A milestone achievement!

Last weekend was the first in more than a year that i felt proud of being a Villa fan, I had a reason to smile. Yes the win against Norwich was good, but it had been a long time since we had a win like the one against Liverpool. And we got lucky, but we still scored some world class goals.

To go from that to 8:0 just makes me question why I bother.

I want to get behind me team and Lambert, but under McCleish I was already thinking to myself - I never want to see the likes of Clark, Baker, Herd, Lichaj and Bannan start for us again. Then this season came along and we signed decent-ish players in Lowton and Vlaar and class in the form of Benteke. The rest have been 'meh' ok so Westwood is ok, but KEA, Holman hardly set the world alight and Bennett looks pants. Then Bent gets pushed out, Zog disappears, Ireland gets benched in favour of Westwood/Bannan. And we get injuries to every other player with experience we have while the foundation of our team then becomes the players that almost got us relegated last season and the season before. All that's changed is we've hoofed out Hutton and Warnock and sold Max Branning to West Ham for whom he is doing really well.

I don't see anything different in Herd and Lichaj that I did last season and the season before...... or Delph or Bannan. Clark and Baker have each had their first real run in defence this season so at least they've shown some promise, but not enough to make me think they should be first choice.

Â