• Westwood
    • Holman
    • Lichaj
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 56)
    • Ireland (for Westwood 56)
    • Bowery (for Holmen 79)

People are fixating on the scoreline far too much. Before today we were unbeaten in 5 games. Up until today we were playing some good football. I'm more interested in how Lambert and the players react in the next game. Nobody loves losing heavily but it's one of those things. Onwards and hopefully upwards from now on.

I think it's fair to expect to lose the European champions away and a hammering is hardly a complete shock either . Obviously no one is expected to be happy with the manner of defeat but a realist will tell you we are miles behind Chelsea.

Fair enough, you can't accept the result . What is the next step then in your phase of unacceptance ?

I can't see any other outcome other than accepting the result to be honest . What else can we do other than have a hissy fit about it ?

That is the biggest load of bollocks I could have read.

We are miles behind Liverpool too.

Its called competeing...There is a gulf in quality between both teams but , 1-3 v 8-0 for me there was a clear display of a lack of application.

We all love to see superlative football.... but the job today was close them down and deny them any space.. wait c 20 minutes see how things are before we counter attack.

**** me.... we give every chelsea player the sahara **** desert to play in.

8 was a disgrace on the back of a 1-3 at Liverpool.

I was hoping for a draw ... expecting a professional low key approach to stopping them playing.

WORK IN PROGRESS ... OK

They didn't mean to lose 8-0, and it wasn't as if they didn't try. This kind of thing is nonsense.

You pay your money, you take your chances.

I disagree. They DIDN'T try. Our pans pay good, hard earned money to get to these games. This was shocking and the players should cough up because they do not deserve their salary this week

Sheer lunacy today going forward. Full backs and centre mids bombing on as if we were still in the game and it was 4-0. What the **** we were playing at?

Passing was all over the place today, especially second half. The amount of misplaced passes from the 3 centre halves was shocking.

Guzan - 7. Great penalty save.

Lowton - 4. Meh.

Clark - 3. Meh.

Baker - 3. Meh.

Herd - 1. Shite. Can't wait for Vlaar to be back.

Lichaj - 3. Dreadful going forward.

Holman - 2. Scrappy player.

Bannan - 6. Thought he was one of our lot that looked like he cared today, did not stop running.

Westwood - 5. Why the **** was he taken off?

Weimann - 4. Toiled but battled well. Denied from a great save from Cech.

Benteke - 1. Worst I've seen him play. Couldn't stay on side for toffee.

Subs:

Ireland - 3. Nothing.

Bennett - 0. Worst player on the pitch.

Bowery - N/A. Feel sorry for him. Not needed.

Lambert - 1. I do like how he encourages us to keep going forward but we needed him to tell us to shut up shop and he didn't. Didn't agree with Westwood for Ireland, should've been Holman off.

That is the biggest load of bollocks I could have read.

We are miles behind Liverpool too.

Its called competeing...There is a gulf in quality between both teams but , 1-3 v 8-0 for me there was a clear display of a lack of application.

We all love to see superlative football.... but the job today was close them down and deny them any space.. wait c 20 minutes see how things are before we counter attack.

**** me.... we give every chelsea player the sahara **** desert to play in.

8 was a disgrace on the back of a 1-3 at Liverpool.

I was hoping for a draw ... expecting a professional low key approach to stopping them playing.

WORK IN PROGRESS ... OK

:D

I see you have chosen the hissy fit option.

Don't let this result somehow affect your memory of last week. We played Liverpool off the park last week and thoroughly deserved a victory. Don't say that was luck just because we got annihilated today.

That is half the problem with the fickle fans label.

We didn't play Liverpool off the park, they played us off the park( in possession/territory terms) we just caught them on the break ( and a greta result too)... our smash and grab strikes again.

until we sign some top quality midfielders it will never change.

I have a feeling that if we'd just scored more goals in one game than we'd ever done before i wouldn't be reading complaints about focusing on the scoreline or claiming that no matter how many we score a win is still just a win.

Probably because if you look back at our recent history getting hammered is far more common than us hammering other teams.

I don't know why but for quite a years now we've been prone to just collapsing in games from time to time. Doesn't seem to matter who the manager is or who's playing either.

Well, I forked out £75 to watch that - one of my few chances to watch Villa live this season.

Essentially, Villa provided Chelsea with a fairly leisurely training session. The defence was utterly woeful. Lambert needs to recognise quickly that we are leaving a massive space in the centre of the pitch in front of the penalty area. I couldn't even work out who was supposed to be defending it. Piazon in particular exploited it massively when he came on.

The only positive I take from this is that it will - hopefuly - put a stop to the absurd hype there has been around the team over the past couple of weeks. Essentially we are a team of youth team graduates, lower league improvers and one or two overseas players who have shown a bit of potential. A side capable if holding our own in the premier league? You wouldn't want to invest your life savings in it.

Edit - oh, btw, no MOTM today. The very idea is a joke.

Very very disappointing. Far to open against a close passing Chelsea side

Seemed to give in before we begun

PL has some work to do. Didn't expect anything today but certainly didn't expect us to ship 8 either

We need to put in a performance against Spurs

There is half the problem with the fickle fans label.

We didn't play Liverpool off the park, they played us off the park( in possession/territory terms) we just caught them on the break ( and a greta result too)... our smash and grab strikes again.

:D

I see you have chosen the hissy fit option.

and proud of it.... because i think it was deserved.

We kept attacking at 4-0 down, but thats not why we conceded another 4 that was down too, actually all 8 goals were down to no one in our midfield pressuring the ball with any commitment, even holmann, who runs his balls off looked like he couldn't give a **** after 20 minutes

That is half the problem with the fickle fans label.

We played to our game plan and it worked. What's the problem with that? I don't believe that we have to have more possession to be the better team.

Â