• Westwood
    • Holman
    • Lichaj
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 56)
    • Ireland (for Westwood 56)
    • Bowery (for Holmen 79)

Didnt see that coming after the way we had been playing, embarressing it is but for me what is more worrying is why lambert didnt try and change the shape to prevent us getting embarressed and having the worst goal difference in the league. Win is a must v spurs or we could be bottom 3 by crimbo and you no what they say happens if your in bottom 3 at crimbo.

Signings to strengthen please Randy £££ must be experienced though>

They say that if you're bottom at Christmas then you're probably going down.

They say that if you're bottom at Christmas then you're probably going down.

Well we are 16th at Christmas so I guess we are safe. :)

We could be 18th by goal difference on Boxing day after Christmas I guess.

I may start to be worried again if we get beat by Spurs & Wigan. Till then I shall remain feeling smug in the progress I see in the team. My rose tinted glasses are still firmly on. B)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

The thing which really resonates with me more than anything, more than any individual's performance, is that it really should have been a premiership record, and not even by a goal or 2... This SHOULD have been 12-0, atleast. This could have been the worst performance by any team in premier league history, and very nearly was. I think that's quite important, as a very rough estimate (after an afternoon of solid drinking) there must have been close on 15,000 performances since the premier league's inception, and that was undoubtedly in the top 5 **** ups.

We undoubtedly need some things to change.

Bannan & Holman need to be demoted to squad players in January.

A new left back is undoubtedly needed, Lichaj was poor, but Bennett made him look like Ashley Cole.

Paul Lambert needs a very strong word with himself. We weren't playing 532, we were playing 352, at 4/5-0 down he should have just called time on it and brought the wingbacks back in line with the centre backs, but instead he does the opposite. I am a big fan, but he - more than any other individual - was responsible for this.

Jesus Christ can you read?

As I have explained a million times, Lambert made some good signings but there is still more work to be done. It could never be fixed in one window. I simply forgot about Diame. Sorry for not being able to remember every single you player you bang on about.

No it doesn't actually. I've seen Chelsea have that kind of domination before but only get half the goals. We'd be laughing if we had a 44% conversion rate every game.

Actually, all I said was that it was an even more dubious decision than the first. Both were never penalties but the second one more so.

It's only inconsistent if you don't read it properly.

Yep I can read very well thanks.

I normally mention three players and Diame in particular should be the most memorable due to his performances.

So what your basically saying is that either Chelsea were fortunate that most things went for them on the day or that we were just unlucky to play them on a good day?

I actually tend to think it was neither.

Lambert got the tactics wrong and for some unearthly reason we felt we were good enough to allow them time and space to play in without closing them down.

Probably why they destroyed us.

Edited by Morpheus

No excuses was the worst performance I have seen from Villa in my lifetime.It might not be a bad thing as we were getting carried away due to some good performances over the last few weeks.Our reaction in the Wigan and spurs game will define our season.I believe in lambert I think what he is trying to do is the right thing he is trying to build a team and it will take time.Under the previous managers we never had the guts to try and rebuild a overpaid and underperforming squad to his credit lambert is trying to do this.Tactically he has been decent all season and the 5-3--2 has served us well over the last few weeks but lambert got it horribly wrong today as the system Chelsea play was always going to tear us apart as they have great width in the team azpilcuers hazard moses etc and we had face that kind of challenge with our new system yet it was a eye opener for lambert.As regard pool game we were better team and deserved to win not saying we are better than pool in general but on the day we were pool had possession and had a couple of good chances but never really tested Guzan',same against Norwich we were decent.There is no excuses for today we were awful on the pitch and so was lambert the season is going to be a struggle but simple as this if we want to continue the progress as be it small progress this season,the players and management are going to have to learn from this defeat and we need a reaction against spurs and Wigan .

So if we'd lost 1-0 today you wouldn't have wanted him gone?

At least that shows he knows what he's doing. This guy was clueless out there today and did nothing at all to stop the rot. He even seemed to bring on Bowery just for laughs? It's like one of those computer games on beginner modes where they do inexplicably retarded stuff that beggars logic.

Less than half a season into his tenure he has written us into the record books of over a hundred years with a record defeat. Way to go.

Most here really have wool over their eyes or think that football is just about trying to make nice passes and nothing else.

i get that we need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start again. However, this result cannot be forgotten as it's now the 3rd pasting we've had, one of which came against a newly promoted side that hadn't yet won a match. This sort of result, no matter what people keep saying, should not ever be expected unless you are a couple of divisions lower.

We absolutely have to get 3 points against Wigan now, it's vital IMO. I've already written off the Tottenham match as if we play anywhere near like that, we have less than no chance of getting a point against them

Â