• Westwood
    • Holman
    • Lichaj
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 56)
    • Ireland (for Westwood 56)
    • Bowery (for Holmen 79)

In some ways you'd rather lose 8-0 than 1-0 to a goal 4 mins into injury time.

At least 8-0 means an internal inquiry / investigation and action

Did the players go out On the piss last night ?

• Like 1

In some ways you'd rather lose 8-0 than 1-0 to a goal 4 mins into injury time.

At least 8-0 means an internal inquiry / investigation and action

Did the players go out On the piss last night ?

I think the answer is yes as far as Herd is concerned. He probably met up with Collins again and went to a London club where the pair of them had a skin full.

A big reaction and changes needed for Wednesday. Depending on fitness and availability: out Herd, Lichaj/Bennett, Bannan, Holman, Weimann; in Vlaar, Stevens, Delph, Ireland and Gabby.

I guess people do forget that we've had Vlaar, Dunne, Bent, Zog and Ireland all out (Ireland has only just returned from sickness and broken wrist) no idea where Zog is? Gabby is still out and it's a shame Bennett isn't still out. Either way you look at it we aren't a club that can afford to have many injuries.

I can't help trying to rationalise each game and seeing exactly where it went wrong at each stage. This is what I think.

We were fairly even up until the 3rd goal went in. Clark wasn't concentrating for the 1st, then Herd didn't need to make the challenge for the 2nd. Due to lack of experience from them both and they'll learn to switch on from the start and not make silly challenges in dangerous areas. That said, it was an incredible header and cross, and the free-kick was Ronaldo-esque.

After the 3rd, Chelsea were irresistible. They could afford to play it around and work openings, and when they tried anything it was one of those days where everything flew in the top corner, nothing went over, or hit the post, or went straight at the keeper etc.

We were nowhere near good enough and we didn't press anywhere near enough, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad of a performance as people are saying. It's unacceptable, but hopefully it's a reality check and will get the players fired up. I expect a reaction against Spurs where it still may not be enough but should at least give them a game.

Oh and Dowd is a stupid fat ****. His performance was epitomised by him breaking down one of our attacks to give the ball to Chelsea who broke and almost scored. Neither were penalties and he gave free-kicks for nothing.

• Like 1

I can't help trying to rationalise each game and seeing exactly where it went wrong at each stage. This is what I think.

We were fairly even up until the 3rd goal went in. Clark wasn't concentrating for the 1st, then Herd didn't need to make the challenge for the 2nd. Due to lack of experience from them both and they'll learn to switch on from the start and not make silly challenges in dangerous areas. That said, it was an incredible header and cross, and the free-kick was Ronaldo-esque.

After the 3rd, Chelsea were irresistible. They could afford to play it around and work openings, and when they tried anything it was one of those days where everything flew in the top corner, nothing went over, or hit the post, or went straight at the keeper etc.

We were nowhere near good enough and we didn't press anywhere near enough, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad of a performance as people are saying. It's unacceptable, but hopefully it's a reality check and will get the players fired up. I expect a reaction against Spurs where it still may not be enough but should at least give them a game.

Oh and Dowd is a stupid fat ****. His performance was epitomised by him breaking down one of our attacks to give the ball to Chelsea who broke and almost scored. Neither were penalties and he gave free-kicks for nothing.

How many saves did our keeper make and didn't they also miss a penalty and nowhere in the game were we even in general play.

Â