• Westwood
    • Holman
    • Lichaj
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 56)
    • Ireland (for Westwood 56)
    • Bowery (for Holmen 79)

No, our style of play is obviously not suited to teams that have footballers in their side. Perhaps a Vinny Jones inspired Wimbledon FC may be resurrected just for us!

It's a bad defeat - no excusing that, but my point is that our current style of play least suits playing against sides with world class ball players like Silva or Mata or Hazard. It's no accident that MC and Chelski have been the teams to take us apart. Thankfully we don't play that standard every week

At the end of the day it was an awful performance but how we react to it now is more important - a point against Spuds and a win against Wigan is required and RL to get his cheque book out in the window

Your non realism is starting to make you grumpy!

It almost seems like you're enjoying this, which is sad because as a Villa fan you shouldn't really be gloating that an optimistic prediction doesn't appear to be coming true.

Chelsea are full of class no doubt, but I'm ashamed again that I have witnessed villa players not trying , giving up and showing no passion desire or respect. I thought those days were over.

I will hold back on any other criticism because im hoping for an immense reaction and wins over spurs and Wigan now to erase the pain of today.

That team is the strongest in the league and I wouldn't be surprised to see them put more past another team this season.

I can see it now, Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini crapping themselves because Chelsea have put 8 goals past a pathetic Villa and you have declared them the strongest team in the league!

I can see it now, Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini crapping themselves because Chelsea have put 8 goals past a pathetic Villa and you have declared them the strongest team in the league!

We were awful - truly awful, but let's not pretend that Chelsea (the current European Champions) are not a very good team indeed. I would imagine that Fergie and Mancini are very concerned that Chelsea appear to be back to form

It almost seems like you're enjoying this, which is sad because as a Villa fan you shouldn't really be gloating that an optimistic prediction doesn't appear to be coming true.

Enjoying it, what is there to enjoy? My team has just been spanked 8-0, they have suffered their worst defeat in their entire history, they have the worst goal difference in the league, for the 3rd season running they are relegation fodder. Oh yes, I am really enjoying it.

• Like 1

Enjoying it, what is there to enjoy? My team has just been spanked 8-0, they have suffered their worst defeat in their entire history, they have the worst goal difference in the league, for the 3rd season running they are relegation fodder. Oh yes, I am really enjoying it.

And yet you seem to be taking great delight in the fact that my prediction at this moment in time appears to be wrong.

Did they change the rules? Does getting thrashed 8-0 also mean you lose points?

Not too many people were predicting Europe before either.

And those that did will now hopefully have a reality check which was my point.

And yet you seem to be taking great delight in the fact that my prediction at this moment in time appears to be wrong.

Showing you up for being way over the top with your predictions for our season does not mean that I am happy with our plight or am taking any delight in seeing Randy Lerner **** up AVFC.

Showing you up for being way over the top with your predictions for our season does not mean that I am happy with our plight or am taking any delight in seeing Randy Lerner **** up AVFC.

Certainly seems like you're taking delight in it, and it was just one prediction and the season is only half way in.

I just find it odd why someone would gloat over an incorrect positive prediction. You should only gloat when there's an incorrect negative prediction.

Certainly seems like you're taking delight in it, and it was just one prediction and the season is only half way in.

I just find it odd why someone would gloat over an incorrect positive prediction. You should only gloat when there's an incorrect negative prediction.

Gloating is rarely a noble act, whichever way you look at it .

Everyone is wrong sometimes. Let he without sin cast the first stone and all that .

Gloating is rarely a noble act, whichever way you look at it .

Everyone is wrong sometimes. Let he without sin cast the first stone and all that .

Nobody minds the gloating if we're doing well though. If somebody makes a negative prediction and is then wrong and people gloat nobody really cares because we're doing well and that's all that matters. If it's the other way around then nobody is happy, or at least shouldn't be.

What I find amazing is how some fans automatically label others as negative and doom-mongers and suggest that they gloat and delight when things are going badly for the team.

Do these people actually believe that anyone who has supported the team for decades and spends hundreds of £'s each season on season tickets really gets any pleasure out of witnessing defeats and relegation struggles.

Just because I don't make wildly inaccurate predictions like you doesn't mean that I get any pleasure out of being right when things go wrong.

What I find amazing is how some fans automatically label others as negative and doom-mongers and suggest that they gloat and delight when things are going badly for the team.

Do these people actually believe that anyone who has supported the team for decades and spends hundreds of £'s each season on season tickets really gets any pleasure out of witnessing defeats and relegation struggles.

Just because I don't make wildly inaccurate predictions like you doesn't mean that I get any pleasure out of being right when things go wrong.

Why bring it up in this thread though, and then make a stupid joke when I get pissed off about it?

My prediction could yet turn out to be not so "wildly inaccurate".

Â