U.S. Politics

maqroll

19 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Probably because of the inflated bullshit about emails that got Trump elected. Boy who cried wolf and all that. A scrambling media desperately trying (and failing) to move the discourse back towards the realm of fact after years of top down gaslighting.

As an arbiter of truth I know Joe Rogan would have been furious that story got amplified and impacted an election too. It's just a shame he couldn't take the moral high ground on that one as his incel army so hates the Clintons.

• Like 2

FWIW this is obviously concerning if his dad knew at the time. The levels of nepotism and lobbying in US politics is terrifying.

I just find it weird to report it as 'stopped clock right for second time today'. It's almost like it's done that way to make people think twice when other stuff Rogan says is reported as wrong. 

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Rogan is an idiot before we even start!

This is non story really, how can people be outraged when it happens all the time. 

Well, foreign influence and funding being covered by major media does happen all the time, you are correct. 

I think people should be a bit more outraged. Look at the Ukraine conflict - how much reporting is there that germany, france or italy have been selling russians military equipment in spite of sanctions over the last few years?

I would leave the question of Rogan from the discussion, that's a Pandora's box in itself. 

What is worrying is that major media, especially big tech, does have a history of silencing those stories. 

We'd need to know more about Biden's story to make an informed opinion on it. And the question of the story is has main stream media covered it enough. 

24 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

We'd need to know more about Biden's story to make an informed opinion on it. And the question of the story is has main stream media covered it enough. 

I’ve read loads about it but obviously I’m not an expert and may have some real information and have been reading some misinformation, like most people.  If this was just Biden doing this then massive outrage of course but I don’t see this being different to anything else that happens in US politics all the time and you only have to look at the Trumps to see an easy other side comparison.  Just one side gets outraged when the other side does something that they themselves are doing as well.  We should be outraged at all of it or none of it, not just isolated instances to suit a narrative like this.

Plus we are unlikely to get the real story because both sides inflate or deflate depending on their narrative, then added to misinformation makes it worse and then hiding stories by the other side.  It’ll be as clear as mud!

Edited by nick76

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Plus we are unlikely to get the real story because both sides inflate or deflate depending on their narrative, then added to misinformation makes it worse and then hiding stories by the other side.  It’ll be as clear as mud!

I fully agree with this, so I always prefer to take the approach of 'it's all fu****' ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Probably because of the inflated bullshit about emails that got Trump elected. Boy who cried wolf and all that. A scrambling media desperately trying (and failing) to move the discourse back towards the realm of fact after years of top down gaslighting.

As an arbiter of truth I know Joe Rogan would have been furious that story got amplified and impacted an election too. It's just a shame he couldn't take the moral high ground on that one as his incel army so hates the Clintons.

Jon Stewart focused on the media coverage of the Muller report among other things in his latest ep on the media.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

when will the likes of Trump actually face any consequences?

Doesn’t feel like he ever will and imagine if he became President again!  Imagine what that would say about America and worse what he’s likely to do. I’m not American so don’t care whether it’s a Republican or Democrat in office that much although I have strong views on some of the policies of both parties but Trump should be nowhere near the White House for more reasons than I could count,

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:
when will the likes of Trump actually face any consequences?

Never.

I remember the feeling of disappointment when, in the name of 'moving on' in a 'spirit of national unity', Obama announced that he wouldn't be prosecuting or punishing Bush administration officials who had been personally involved in authorising torture of detainees, CIA black sites, etc etc. But what I learned from that day, is that there are some people who 'face consequences' and other people who will never face a single one, and Donald Trump is not a margin case between these two groups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I think Brand is a lot better than Rogan and offers a more balanced view of the political realities.

I'd rather eat a shit sandwich than listen to anything Brand has to say. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have to say that regardless of Twitter banning  the NY Post (which I hadn't been aware of because I don't follow Twitter and certainly wouldn't follow the NY Post!) and downplaying of the story by the "liberal" media, it's not exactly as though this story was buried.   There isn't a thing that's come out now about the actual e-mails that I didn't know about at the time, frequently to the point of saturation.   I don't know if that's because Fox and MAGA land were all over it and pushing it so hard that it was impossible to miss even if you generally try not to pay attention to them or if it really did get some coverage, however muted, in the MSM.  Either way, it's no different than what has been going on for years when Trump shenanigans are revealed.   The MSM play it up (though never as hard as Fox does about Democratic dirt) and Fox  and co. pretend it doesn't exist, and Republicans and their friendly pundits get attacked and excommunicated if they acknowledge it.

The whole thing is certainly a bit of an eye-opener, but hardly the bombshell that everyone's making out to be.   I mean, it's not like anyone actually thought that Hunter Biden wasn't a bit sleazy or believed that Joe has always been a saint.

Â