U.S. Politics

maqroll

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Hey, I hate Nazis, but this is hardly a new thing ... two dozen idiots showed up. The media is sensationalising it for social media by closely cropping the images. Nazi shit has been going on in America for decades. It's not banned because of our First Amendment in the Constitution, and it's fairly persistent. This is from a rally in 1966.

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The head Nazi is Henry Gibson from Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-in, a legendary comedy show from the late 60’s to early 70’s.   Brings back many fond childhood memories.

• Like 2

On 17/02/2024 at 22:26, NurembergVillan said:

Just in case you were wondering, Donald Trump has launched a sneaker collection. And it's **** awful 😂

I was thinking he'd go for more of a jackboot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Might need a little help on this one - who is Suozzi?

A blandly competent middle of the road US Democrat, who took back a seat that had gone to Republicans in the previous US congressional election. His election is seen as a somewhat calming development.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

A blandly competent middle of the road US Democrat, who took back a seat that had gone to Republicans in the previous US congressional election. His election is seen as a somewhat calming development.

and previously owned by the booted out George Santos.

• Thanks 1

On 17/02/2024 at 22:26, NurembergVillan said:

Just in case you were wondering, Donald Trump has launched a sneaker collection. And it's **** awful 😂

NGL, I’d totally wear them if it weren’t for who is selling them. 

On 17/02/2024 at 22:30, Panto_Villan said:

It's meant to be about 20% of Trump's networth; it's not a huge problem for him.

The fines might exceed his available cash, but then that just means he'll either have to sell some property or liquidate some investments.  That might cause him some extra losses if he has to do it in a hurry but ultimately he'll still be worth around $2bn, so he certainly won't have to sell most of his assets to raise the money, just some of them. And honestly I'm not sure there's that many things you can afford to do when you're worth $2.5bn that are suddenly out of reach when you're only worth $2bn.

Unfortunately, I think he's going to be getting quite a substantial amount of money from Truth Social soon too. The SEC have given them permission to do something or other - a merger that would let them list the company, or something. Expected to net him a few hundred million I believe.

He won’t even do that. He’ll essentially borrow the money with his assets as collateral to put up the appeal bond. 

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He won’t even do that. He’ll essentially borrow the money with his assets as collateral to put up the appeal bond. 

Borrow from where? Part of the judgement against him prevents him from taking loans from any bank registered in New York (which is pretty much all of them). His crime was to lie about the value of his assets to fraudulently get loans, the idea of the judgement is to prevent him doing it again. 

3 hours ago, Straggler said:

Borrow from where? Part of the judgement against him prevents him from taking loans from any bank registered in New York (which is pretty much all of them). His crime was to lie about the value of his assets to fraudulently get loans, the idea of the judgement is to prevent him doing it again. 

Interesting that Elon Musk flew into near by Trump in Florida.  Rumours circulating that he’s meeting Trump.

2+2=5 and all that but strange timing given this judgement, Trump restricted on lenders and Musk more and more right wing.

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Putin might bung him a few Roubles. 

Wonder what half a billion gets you?

• No US help if war expands into other Eastern Europe countries whether NATO or not
  • Getting Alaska back to Russian ownership
  • Hiding other secrets…

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Musk isn't that cash rich either though is he?

No, I don’t believe so.  

Although I don’t know whether he’s not cash rich as a percentage of his overall wealth, which still would be a considerable amount of cash or whether he just doesn’t hold much cash.  

Musk may have contacts that do have access to cash/loans and he could facilitate that with Trump.  Maybe even Musk loan from Russian contacts and then Trump loan from Musk.  Trump can then claim no connection with Russia.  

I don’t know, just guessing, just the monies being talked about, there are very few places to go to especially as the NY banks are not allowed.  Although the bond fee is much lower.  

Just fun to speculate!

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Trump himself claimed to have had $400m in cash reserves when he was testifying. We will find out soon enough how it goes down I guess. 

Someone should probably tell him that these ones doesn't count.

560034f0dd089508558b4642?width=1200&format=jpegs-l1200.webp

• Haha 1

Â