U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Trump supporters have posted the names and addresses of the Georgia Grand Jurors online.

More and more like the Mob every day.

Trump must be taken down. He's a danger to people's live. So toxic. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Then why is he allowed to run for presedent ?

Impeachment doesn't prevent you from running.

The disqualification language in the Constitution around impeachment is "disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States"; Ross Garber, an impeachment and political investigations lawyer noted that no court or Congress has ever settled the question of whether the presidency counts as an "Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States" from which the Senate is able to ban an impeached and convicted person. 

19 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

The disqualification language in the Constitution around impeachment is "disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States"; Ross Garber, an impeachment and political investigations lawyer noted that no court or Congress has ever settled the question of whether the presidency counts as an "Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States" from which the Senate is able to ban an impeached and convicted person. 

I see,so the predency is NOT an office of honour or trust.

15 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

That is absolutely mental. 

11 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I'm really worked up about this stuff today. So tired of people tiptoeing around issues of decorum when it comes to Trump and his indictments. He's an (alleged) criminal. He should get a mugshot.

Originally I was big on him having a mug shot, he should be treated no differently.  Then I became less bothered for a number of reasons including the grift Trump will do with his mug shot photo ie t-shirts, hats, flags…it means he’ll receive more cash from his supporters donating and buying and we’ll see his face more and everywhere on the merchandise, so I became less bothered.  He should have it done but I’m not so bothered now.

• Like 1

Well I just got up to watch the first Republican debate and it was flat.  Trump was always going to be the Republican nominee but makes it worse that none of these are serious challengers.  It was a fairly flat debate and no real stand out moments imo, maybe Haley had a moment, Vivek looked too smug and inexperienced, DeSantis was bland and Christie was timid for him.  Trump must be laughing watching this and even Biden would be…

13 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Boring. They should be in prison shirts, against one of those height charts, holding up a board with their name and the date, and scowling. 

EDIT: With a black eye and a split lip. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

How screwed up is that country that so many people still support trump?

At least here, people turned on Boris and he's now a political joke. 

America seems doomed to me. If he somehow wins again I dread to think what the future holds. 

• Confused 1

Clearly Trump has fanatical supporters within the Republican party, but it’s hard to know just how many of the overall population that is. 

He lost last time and whilst many of his supporters remain, a lot must have realised he isn’t the man for the job since then. 

He must have lost more votes than he has gained with all this talk of charges and crimes.

Edited by Genie

45 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

America seems doomed to me. If he somehow wins again I dread to think what the future holds

Catastrophic climate change.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

America seems doomed to me. If he somehow wins again I dread to think what the future holds. 

Oh, it's a completely **** country.  Has been for years, seemingly rapidly getting worse.

Â