Harry Forrester (Brentford)

Villan4Life

http://www.mirror.co...s-villa-1493561

Paul Lambert is ready to make a move for Brentford midfielder Harry Forrester – just 18 months after Aston Villa released him.

Villa beat off competition from Manchester United and Tottenham to sign Forrester from Watford in a £1million deal in January 2008.

But the former England Youth ace was not offered a new contract by Villa in 2011 after he failed to make the first-team grade

But he got his career back on track at Brentford and now Lambert’s Villa are trying to sign him all over again in a £300,000 deal in January.

Milton Keynes-born Forrester has attracted Villa scouts with his recent displays while Reading, Southampton and Celtic have also been tracking him.

Didn't Villa release him because he had a Billy Big Bollocks attitude? And is Brentford really back on track?

And isn't this in the Mirror? Ah, that figures...

I remember watching an SPL game between Kilmarnock (who he came on as sub for) and Rangers.

Killy were 3-0 down or something similar, he came on and was the best player on the pitch, including the Rangers players.

Think it finished 3-1 with Harry coming up with the assist.

I thought then that he'd be good, and was shocked whe n we let him go.

Although that's the only match I've seen him play in, so obviously it may have been a blip.