Harry Forrester (Brentford)

Villan4Life

I hope this happens he was great before we let him go and granted he did have a bit of an attitude but I think that comes from being sought after by several PL clubs at a young age, I know it would go to my head if I had a £1 million price tag and Villa, Man U. and Spurs were after me. It's good that it seems being released while facing the prospect of no PL football scared some sense into him.

nothing against this kid and the price is obviously a steal, but is he needed? we already have ireland, nzogbia, bannan and gardner who can all play centre attacking midfield, what would he add that those 4 dont?

nothing against this kid and the price is obviously a steal, but is he needed? we already have ireland, nzogbia, bannan and gardner who can all play centre attacking midfield, what would he add that those 4 dont?

Not picking just on you, but why do people class Bannan as attacking mid? In my eyes he is a deep lying playmaker...

didn't he go to Ajax and flop or am i thinking of someone else?

surely the fact he ended up at Brentford must mean he's not rated by whoever he has played for since he left us, i'm not against us signing him, i remember most saying he was good for the reserves and youth. Just saying.

didn't he go to Ajax and flop or am i thinking of someone else?

surely the fact he ended up at Brentford must mean he's not rated by whoever he has played for since he left us, i'm not against us signing him, i remember most saying he was good for the reserves and youth. Just saying.

Forrester went straight from us to Brentford. He had a trial at Ajax but turned down a contract offer there because he wanted to stay at home if I remember correctly.

Have a Brentford supporting mate and he said if they don't get promoted this season he'll most definitely be off and claimed he was way too good for League 1.

Exciting player to watch anyway, from what I've seen

I'd take a punt on the reason being PL doesn't fancy two or three of those four being in his medium/long-term plans. It's a modest transfer fee and they won't offer him big bucks initially so it won't be much of an impact on the balance sheet.

If he fits into Lambert's ideas and plans, very good. I am all for giving the guy a chance.

And knowing he knows and have played with a lot of the players that is in our team before, makes it an even more interesting thing.

I'd say go for it!

To be honest, it is not really anything to do with Mcleish. His contract was already up when McLeish joined us, it is more the guy before who decided not to offer him a new deal but even then I think he would still be dealing with the youth managers rather than being judged by Houllier or MON.

To be honest, it is not really anything to do with Mcleish. His contract was already up when McLeish joined us, it is more the guy before who decided not to offer him a new deal but even then I think he would still be dealing with the youth managers rather than being judged by Houllier or MON.

Fair play I would have thought that any manager would have been given a list of the players who are going out of contract and he gets a bit of info on them from the coaches... or is that me playing FM that thinks that?

It's a Lambert-style signing so I would say go for it at that price. Can't see him making an impact at all this season though with Benteke and Weimann playing so well, and Gabby looking a bit more up for it.

I don't think Bent fits into the way Lambert wants to play and we'll never see his heights of the Houllier season again. If it's a striker we're going after though I would prefer a young goalscorer that it has already been proven can get goals at a high level, e.g Finnbogason or Aubameyang.

I remember seeing this guy play for England u18's when he was still at Watford and he ran the show. Properly outstanding. Delfouneso played too and did not very much (a sight which we've become all too accustomed to).

Was really pleased when we signed him but those years between 16 (or however old he was at the time) and 21 are so so vital. If he wants to come back here and knuckle down I'm all for it. If he still thinks he's billy big bollocks he can stay thinking that in League 1. Heaps of talent though.