Weekends footnall 8/9 December

andykeenan

but he hasnt, he was very close to getting the chop at Inter before the scandal which relegated Juventus. Best job he done was at Lazio when they played good football and got results.

Lets be honest he might of won trophies but with resources he had he massively underachieved at City and Inter.

that Inter team had the cream of Serie A talent including the best player in Zlatan and also the only "competition" was an average Roma team due to Calciopoli. His management limit was shown in 08 Champions LEague when an at best average Liverpool team gave them a good beating. i think he never got past 2nd round when Inter manager and then 2 years after he left the majority of same squad went and won the tournament

Exactly. His Inter side was rather like taking a prime Manchester United and removing all the competition. It'd be a travesty had he not won anything with that side then, they were the best team in the league by a mile.

He's an incredibly average manager whose best probably came at the start of his managerial career (and even they aren't that impressive, the Lazio side he took over for instance was the remains of the team Sven had done a job on and spent a hideous amount on to claim a title.

I contend, and barring him doing something particularly special probably always will, he really isn't 'good' he's completely average.

I'm completely happy with that being branded 'bizzare', though I can't say I'd agree

with a £500m squad...

FWIW i agree with him being average, i think this season he is showing all of his flaws, not only in the CL again but he's basically taken a winning team and tried to change the way it plays, makes absolutely no sense at all, this pissing about with 3 CBs the role of toure etc its all a big **** up

He won the premier league title ahead of other free spending sides like Man Utd and Chelsea, for that alone I don't think rating him as 'good' is over egging it.

Man Utd haven't been free spending since the Glazers took over.

Nobody including Chelsea spent anything close to him and Man City.

A title he won with the last kick of the last game, when he had the strongest squad in the league by miles.

Sorry, I ain't impressed. Last years Manchester United were nothing on their best and neither did Chelsea shine, hence why their CL win was so surprising, they weren't much cop.

Mancini just isn't any good. He's average at best. A talented manager makes Citeh a completely dominant force with the riches they have, Mancini had simply acquired a squad of good players, he doesn't add much to them on the field. Ferguson makes his squads better than just their talents suggest, as does Mourinho. Hell, even non greats manage that. Mancini doesn't. Hence that team being so flawed, it really shouldn't be but when it comes up against teams closer to it talentwise, it struggles far more than it should.

Falcao is on fire!

If i was City, i would activate is release in January clause and sell Balotelli/Dzeko..

Although I don't think he wants to leave Atletico Madrid during the middle of the season, and wants to help get them into the Champions League. But in the summer probably.

I'm pretty sure the release clause only applies if he moves to another club in Spain. It's only required to be there in the first place because of Spanish contract law.

I think given Mancini's resources, players and time, he should have much more to show for himself than he does...they are a good side in the Premier League, but hapless in cup competitions. They were exposed in CL and don't intimidate anyone outside England.

They could use a better manager, IMO.

You can't win the league if you are a poor manager.

Man United have spent just as much if not more on their squad, they just did it over more time. If anything that makes winning the league with a newly put together team more impressive.

A number of managers tried and failed to do what Mancini did including Chelsea's managers after Mourinho and Mancini's predecessors.

You have to have a certain amount of talent to get a squad full of overpaid super egos playing as a winning team so he is obviously a fairly good manager. He should really have pushed on to dominate in Europe as well so for that reason he won't be considered a great manager, just a good one.

Everyone makes mistakes with transfers, either picking up a player who turns out to be a dud, or opting against signing a player who turns out to be amazing. But O'Neill's comments about 'looking closer to home' when we had the option of signing Falcao really do show how out-of-touch he is in terms of the game beyond the UK.

Â