Weekends footnall 8/9 December

andykeenan

Friday

Championship

Blackburn v Cardiff Sky

Saturday

Premiership

Sunderland home to Chelsea Southampton home to Reading Aeseanl home to Albion Norwich away at Swansea QPR away to Wigan

Championship

Charlton v BrightonCrystal Palace v Blackpool Derby v Leeds United Huddersfield v Bolton Ipswich v Millwall Leicester v Barnsley Nottm Forest v Burnley Peterborough v Middlesbrough Sheff Wed v Bristol City Watford v Hull local derby Wolves v Small Heath Sky 5.20

Sunday

Premiership

Manchester derby City v Utd 1.30 Sky Spurs away at Everton West Ham home to Liverpool 4pm Sky

• Like 1

A message for all TV execs, who work on football related shows, this weekend. Having two hard up, jobbing Manc actors, facing each other (one lit in blue, the other in red), bragging, and spouting clichéd insults at each other, while interspersed with pictures of Rooney, Tevez, van Persie, Kompany etc, to a soundtrack of Madchester's greatest hits, does not make a good feature for the Manchester Derby. It only serves to make the rest of us hate their over rated city even more.

Just... stepping over... the big piles of jealousy... in here. Right, now I'm in.

It's a game between two of the biggest clubs in the world. They're first and second in arguably the biggest league in the world. Not only that, but they're from the same city, and are huge rivals, with a lot of history.

Now I know Sky can overblow things more often than not, but the games between United and City are massive, particularly these days. There's going to be a huge amount of coverage and marketing, but a lot of the stuff that seems insignificant to the likes of us will be lapped up by fans of either team (just like a lot of the 'news' that we're interested in regarding Villa matters would be completely uninteresting and irrelevant to the vast majority of other football supporters).

If you (and I'm not just directing that at the post above) don't like the advert, fair enough, but again I'd say that's just down to personal taste. I'm not particularly fond of either club - although I do think City come in for much unfair criticism sometimes, but that's another matter - but, like Rev, I thought the advert was quite amusing.

that was kind of my problem, i fully understand the significance of the game, its huge, it isnt the "title decider" tag that sky insist on but it is the biggest game in english football

however that advert is an example of IMO a concerted effort by the media this week to make it out to be a massive local derby, how many times have you seen it compared to utd vs liverpool this week? id say that its just about scraping in to the top 10 derbies in english football but within 2/3 years it will be made out to be the biggest

Â