West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

• 1 month later...

sounds like their chairman knows what they are...

West Bromwich Albion chairman Jeremy Peace today insisted Premier League survival remains their target – and branded the Baggies an over-achieving ‘mid-table Championship club’.

Peace delivered a downbeat assessment of the club’s ambitions and insisted they will continue to set budgets aimed at Premier League survival.

Albion finished 11th, 10th and eighth in the last three seasons but Peace insisted 14th would be success next season after a recent study placed the club 15th in terms of Premier League spending power.

“The club is probably a mid-table Championship club that is massively over-performing, so staying in the Premier League is always the first target and we build from there,” he said.

in advanced talks to sign anelka

sounds like their chairman knows what they are...

“The club is probably a mid-table Championship club that is massively over-performing, 

I can imagine them singing that next year "We know what we are! We know what we arrrrr-hah...a mid-table Championship club that is massively over-performing...we know what we are!"

Although they might say "ar know what am ar"

Brilliant if this turns out to be Lukaku's replacement, they've been linked to Di Santo aswell.

Anelka was an excellent striker but he's been in semi retirement for 18 months now, WBA will drop like a stone next season.

Seems a really odd one, it doesn't really fit with their recent approach to the market but then they've had changes above the level of manager.

I can't see it working, he is old and past his best and you would have to question how motivated or committed he will be. 

I think he'll be good for them myself.

He still looks in decent shape and is an intelligent enough player to not just try and beat people with pace all the time.

Shane Long is an excellent lone striker, so Anelka coming on should they need a goal or want an experienced head up there to hang onto it, isn't the worse plan.

Obviously, I am presuming he's not on 80k a week, I'm guessing 40k max?

He still looks in decent shape and is an intelligent enough player to not just try and beat people with pace all the time.

Shane Long is an excellent lone striker, so Anelka coming on should they need a goal or want an experienced head up there to hang onto it, isn't the worse plan.

Obviously, I am presuming he's not on 80k a week, I'm guessing 40k max?

£55k apparently

I just don't see him having any motivation at all. He has played for some huge clubs and won plenty then he went into semi retirement in China chasing the end of career pay day, why on earth will he be motivated to perform for WBA?

Â