West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Always knew the Baggies fans on facebook were being deluded with their statuses after the Sunderland and Chelsea wins. 'Anyone know any cheap flights to Barcelona, Amsterdam and Milan'. Talk about getting ahead of yourself less than halfway through the season.

Yeah I had all that guff on my FB newsfeed too, it's been much quieter though in recent weeks :)

And tbh, I would be very surpised if the two teams have the likes of Cabaye, Tiote, one of the Ba's, Long, and Yacob beyond this season.

One of the ba's? Isn't there only one?

Heard rumours that long was very close to joining everton pre season so wouldn't be surprised to see him moving somewhere soon....

Mulumbu should've been brought by arsenal, perfect foil for them

Neither have WBA at this stage.

Of course they haven't at this stage, there is no transfer window 'at this stage'.

Newcastle didn't have their players pinched at the end of the season either which you seemed to be saying would happen to West Brom.

Newcastle over achieved last season, so far WBA are doing the same so yet it fits.

Are you now saying the table does lie with regards to Newcastle’s finish last season?

I would say Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa and Cisse are all worthy of a top 4 side so for them to jel together and drive Newcastle on to 5th place seems reasonable. West Brom are a solid unit and work hard as a team but don't have anyone near the quality of those 4.

This season Newcastle's star players have been injured or suspended and the second string players who have stepped in have struggled to cope with the Premier League and Europa League workload.

It is really nothing like the West Brom situation at all. West Brom have just been on a good run at the start of the season and in those early months anyone who can get a few wins together will shoot up the table. A bit like Blackpool or Hull from seasons past. Maintaining the form over 38 games like Newcastle did is a different matter entirely.

We've had a sticky period of late which is disappointing, the football has died down and we're struggling to break teams down. We haven't been helped by the injuries to Ben Foster and Claudio Yacob who are integral members to the squad. We can have no complaints with defeats to Swansea and Arsenal, although the referee ruined any chance we had with three pathetic decisions, and against Stoke, we successfully managed to throw that away when really we should have had a point as no way on earth did Stoke deserve to win that. I'm sure they would have done the same at VillaPark a few weeks ago, stick everybody behind the ball and hope for a lucky break.

West Ham defended brilliantly yesterday and made it hard for us to break them down, we struggled to create that clear cut chance which probably sums us up over the last week but it has still been a very good start - better than any of us expected, and hopefully this is merely a blip and we can pick up some form heading into the clash with yourselves next month. The downside to that is that Peter Odemwingie and Youssouf Mulumbu will be on ACON duty and that will effect us massively. We're a complete different side without them both.

As for the comments before mentioned about Europe - Such commens were made in jest, we were simply enjoying the fun whilst it lasted. I sitll think we'll finish top half, but anything more would be a huge bonus for a club of our size.

I work with several Baggies fans and when they mentioned getting into Europe i can assure you they were deadly serious. One even said Clarke needs to stop this rot or the fans will start to turn on him. He's delusional beyond belief.

Â