West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

On 07/02/2021 at 14:20, TheStagMan said:

No, sorry, not Coventry. We need Blues to be relegated but Coventry to remain, and become the dominant club in St Andrew's. Then I am happy for both Cov and Blues to be relegated next year (Cov to the Championship and Blues to League 1) just to keep the gap.

West Brom can yo-yo to keep the hope and despair cycle continuing and six guaranteed points for us every other season.

That would be perfect, and frankly, as it stands at the moment, very possible!

I’m on board except I assume you meant cov relegated to League 1 and sha relegated to League 2.

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If big sam keeps them up i think that would be his biggest miracle yet

There is no way WBA are surviving Dem.

15 games left to go for them which include; Burnley, Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton, Villa, Leicester, Arsenal, Liverpool and Hammers.

In all of their 15 games left this season I will be very suprised to see them gather any more than 12 points.

I think it's too big a task given who they still need to play and the current gap of points in the league that they're behind.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If big sam keeps them up i think that would be his biggest miracle yet

It would beat their so called ‘great escape’ of 2005. At that time they were 5 points behind 17th place with 19 games to go and there were 6 teams who all had less than one point per game. They got 13 points from their last 10 games to finish on 34 points. I think only because they were bottom at Christmas did it become part of their folklore when they survived, because realistically they merely finished 3rd when starting with a 5 point disadvantage in a mini league of 6 crap teams over 19 games. This season they are 11 points behind 17th with only 15 games to go and the bottom 3 appear to be cut adrift from 17th place.

Even at their ‘great escape’ rate of 1.3 points per game, their remaining 15  games would see them finish on 32 points (31.5). That would require currently 17th place Burnley to only get 8 points from their remaining 16 games or 16th/15th place Newcastle/BHA to only get 6 points from their last 15 games. In fact, assuming Burnley muster a measly point per remaining game, Allardyce would need 28 points from now - that’s 8 wins, 4 draws and only 3 defeats from 15 games! If he achieves that he deserves the England job... oh wait...

The boggies survival isn’t an impossibility but can anyone see it happening?  I can’t. Besides any team whose fans chant ‘boing boing’ deserve to do exactly that - after every bounce there’s a drop.

• Like 4

Albion are going down. They are terrible and have not invested. Fat Sam is on autopilot picking up his paycheck. The bottom 3 are doomed.  Shef Utd massively overachieved last season and they can't score goals. Fulham are half decent but draw too many.

Also their  away kit looked like something Ronald Macdonald would wear whilst working from home.

Edited by The Fun Factory

44 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I thought he would make a fist of keeping them up but they are down, can’t see much in that squad to make me think they will bounce back either.

I didn't, and it doesn't even look like BFS's heart has been in it from the moment he took the job. It looks like it's just a payday.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fulham are not surviving for me.

Fulham didnt do a villa

Fulham have a chance - just depends if Burnley can continue to be awful.

(I have no idea how they've got 4 points from us).

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Fulham have a chance - just depends if Burnley can continue to be awful.

(I have no idea how they've got 4 points from us).

Dyche should keep them up. However if they go down they could be screwed financially given the new take over is a leveraged buy out.

I wouldn't be suprised if Dyche goes elsewhere in the summer, maybe to Newcastle.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Dyche should keep them up. However if they go down they could be screwed financially given the new take over is a leveraged buy out.

I wouldn't be suprised if Dyche goes elsewhere in the summer, maybe to Newcastle.

Dyche has done a decent job at Burnley, but they are **** awful.  Scored 14 goals all season - 3 in one game against us (I mean, what the...).  In the other 21 games they've scored 11.  They're honestly woeful.  Fulham are a better side IMO - but they had a terrible start.

Edited by bobzy

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Dyche has done a decent job at Burnley, but they are **** awful.  Scored 14 goals all season - 3 in one game against us (I mean, what the...).  In the other 21 games they've scored 11.  They're honestly woeful.  Fulham are a better side IMO - but they had a terrible start.

Yes the football is dire but he does it every year. The question is if he had better resources would Dyche play better football? Probably not.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Albion are going down. They are terrible and have not invested. Fat Sam is on autopilot picking up his paycheck. The bottom 3 are doomed.  Shef Utd massively overachieved last season and they can't score goals. Fulham are half decent but draw too many.

Also their  away kit looked like something Ronald Macdonald would wear whilst working from home.

Reminded me of a packet of Frazzles. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes the football is dire but he does it every year. The question is if he had better resources would Dyche play better football? Probably not.

I think it would be better. I think he's a fantastic coach.  Ican remember watching them play on the telly v someone like Chelsea a year or two ago, maybe 3 and they were utterly brilliant given the limitations of the players. Fabulously coached and they played really well that night and won. And it wasn't all stop start free kicks and corners - it was, when they had the ball really effective and attacking football. Kind of like Chelsea when Mourinho first went there - not flamboyant, but still fine to watch.

• Like 1

Â