The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

He was unable to bring any players in, he didn't have the backing of the chairman, he was frustated and tired and thought screw this i don't need it anymore. He didn't resign before because he thought he could bring players in in January. Nothing to do with saving reputation or cowardness. He wasn't backed by the chairman simple!

What absolute nonsense.

He is a coward, a disgusting human being and i'm glad I don't have to look at him anymore.

So why didn't the chaiman sack him? If he had resigned before the new manager wouldn't have had any money to bring players in either. You might hate him but to call him a coward and gutless is way off. 

why would the chairman sack him if he believed he had the right man for the job? He took his ball and went home. Him and O'Neill are no different in their behaviours. no wonder neither leave a club in healthy shape when they are finished

So why didn't the chaiman sack him? If he had resigned before the new manager wouldn't have had any money to bring players in either. You might hate him but to call him a coward and gutless is way off. 

Just complete coincidence that it happened as the transfer window closed then?

Or just before their difficult home run (their home form is the only thing keeping them from being cut adrift)?

Edited by Stevo985

When QPR went down 2 seasons ago the media tried to shift the blame from him by saying that Hughes left the club in a really bad position. Wonder what they'll say if QPR go down now? Presumably it'll be the new guy's fault.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

He'll land on his feet. By reputation he is still someone who can get you up out of the Championship. There'll always be a chairman willing to give him a shot while that's still true. Only Daniel Levy has so far been able to keep control of melt-face's financial scattergun approach to squad building though.

When QPR went down 2 seasons ago the media tried to shift the blame from him by saying that Hughes left the club in a really bad position. Wonder what they'll say if QPR go down now? Presumably it'll be the new guy's fault.

You can pretty much guarantee that. He is a media darling simply because he was always more than happy to spout off to them and give them a bit of a story.

For me the guy is a complete fraud.

Edited by markavfc40

Yep, despite the fact they had more than half the season remaining when he took over and spent a shit load of money

I remember that. Instead of questioning arry's ability, they used the failure as proof that QPR were in such a bad state that 'even arry' couldn't turn them around. Amazing.

The best thing about saggy chops when he went to qpr was his "the chairmans had his pants pulled down over transfers, I ain't gonna add to it by spending money"

Then signed Chris samba for £15million quid.

The mans a spiv.

• Like 2

QPR has been run like a joke for years. Tony Fernandes has had his good nature taken advantage of time and time again over the last few years

• Like 1

tony fernandes used arry redkanpp to promote his tin pot club, getting 2 pages further ahead in the rags and an hourly slot on SSN, i'd guess that the balance between his use off the field and him uselessness on it tipped towards getting rid of him

Harry Redknapp’s time as QPR manager came to an abrupt end during the week. Richard Barrett discusses the tenure overseen by the worst manager in QPR Premier League history.

The vultures were circling, time running out. How did it come to this? A year that started with hopes of breaking records, served only to break R’s hearts. What appeared at first to be £28 million worth of sensible signings, soon turned into a collection of inadequate, inefficacious individuals.

The sun was setting on Harry Redknapp’s tenure as QPR manager, and he knew it.

Although Rio Ferdinand was signed on a free transfer, his time at Loftus Road would prove costly. Poor performances and an FA ban for reacting to an over-zealous fan via Twitter would see the former Manchester United captain suspended for three games, with Redknapp stating the following:

“He’s come from a team used to winning every week…and has found it more difficult. I think we’ve looked more solid recently but no, I’ve got no problems with Rio.”

Ferdinand’s fall from grace bore striking similarities to Redknapp’s managerial decline; two men nearing the end of their respective careers, no longer able to assert their dominance to the same effect as years gone by, and being outshone by their younger peers.

Redknapp’s reasons for stepping down, according to the manager himself, were due to off-field matters. Not the fact that his QPR side lie bottom of the table, not the fact that they have earned zero points from a possible 33 away from home, and most definitely not the fact that his club failed to secure any top players in January.

A combination of ill health and ragged results meant Harry didn’t have a leg to stand on, both metaphorically and physically. The former Tottenham manager pointed to the latter as his reason for limping away from Loftus Road.

Like a boxer that feels he still has that one punch left in reserve, Redknapp has refused to allow his unsuccessful tenure at QPR dictate his legacy. His legs may be wobbling, but Redknapp is ready to go another round.

“In Harry’s words, he said there is no way I am giving up football. Even at 67 years old, he will not be calling it a day.” – Jim White, Sky Sports News.

Resilient he may be, but being required by a Premier League football club at this stage in his career Harry most certainly is not.

As per Opta, Redknapp leaves London as the least winningest permanent manager in QPR’s Premier League history, winning just 9 of the 48 games of which he was in charge. His team also became the first since Liverpool in 1953/54 to lose their opening eleven away matches.

Despite his current muddle, it would be unfair to forget that Redknapp did in fact enjoy success with the R’s; earning promotion in the Play-off Final in 2013/14. However, upon further scrutiny anyone that witnessed the London club that season would know that they coughed and spluttered their way back to the Premier League.

Over the last ten regular games of the season Rangers drew three and lost two of their games, leaving them in 10th place in the form table. Not exactly Premier League standard.

Pitiful away performances were the cornerstone of ‘Arry’s tenure at Loftus Road. Having lost eleven from eleven this season, his charges of 2013/14 failed to win a whopping fifteen of twenty-three trips on the road.

Perhaps Harry’s knees are causing such discomfort due to the hours he spent in front of the altar praying for an away victory.

As the cliché maintains, the league table never lies. No amount of rose-tinted glasses can romanticise Redknapp’s performances in the Rangers hotseat. No abundance of Sky Sports sensationalism can permit giving Christopher Samba £100,000 per week. No jovial chit-chat from the driver’s seat of a car can excuse zero points away from home. And no self-respecting man should use an injury to shield himself from his incompetencies in the workplace.

Harry Redknapp jumped before he was pushed and it’s time he took responsibility for his dreadful display.

• Like 1

He was unable to bring any players in, he didn't have the backing of the chairman, he was frustated and tired and thought screw this i don't need it anymore. He didn't resign before because he thought he could bring players in in January. Nothing to do with saving reputation or cowardness. He wasn't backed by the chairman simple!

What absolute nonsense.

He is a coward, a disgusting human being and i'm glad I don't have to look at him anymore.

If Harry Redknapp is a "disgusting human being", an ISIS militant is what, "a REALLY disgusting human being"? Redknapp evokes emotion, but that is bonkers!

Â