The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

He really is a walking excuse book isn't he. So when he took over part way through the year at Spurs and they immediately started climbing the table, is he acknowledging it was luck on his part and credit to the previous manager?

The Football Ramble quoted someone from Twitter.

It was something like:

"When Redknapp was at Spurs he kept going on about how the fans had never had it so good. Turns out, it was Redknapp who had never had it so good"

He really is a walking excuse book isn't he. So when he took over part way through the year at Spurs and they immediately started climbing the table, is he acknowledging it was luck on his part and credit to the previous manager?

2 points from 8 games. of course Harry is a genius. Jeff Stelling keeps telling us everyweek, though that word removed said McLeish did a great job last year

2 points from 8 games. of course Harry is a genius. Jeff Stelling keeps telling us everyweek, though that word removed said McLeish did a great job last year

You really don't like Jeff huh....

This lot never fail to disappoint me. I thought they were still a potentially 'dangerous' opponent at home on their day despite their league position. Turns out they're utter shite. I mean seriously, losing 2-0 at home to **** Stoke City. That's desperate.

You really don't like Jeff huh....

used to like him but his love of Harry and his defence of McLeish have made me hate him. Even glad Hartlepool went down because of him

I think he has been there long enough and has brought in enough players that we can attribute their form to him. They are worse now than they were under Hughes. There is no excuse for having players of that individual quality playing as badly as they are; or not even making the first team.

You'd have thought Park would be exactly the kind of character you'd want at a time when effort and endevour were of paramount importance. It must be a fitness thing with him because it's not attitude or ability. Even the likes of Bosingwa. He was class at Chelsea albeit as a more attacking fullback. But still, it's not like they bought Paolo Ferreira or anything. Bossie can play.

He has to take a lot of blame.

It would be different if either he'd had no time to buy any players, or he'd significantly improved them but still fallen short of staying up.

Bottom line is he DID have time to buy players, at huge prices, and he STILL made them worse.

Crap manager, terrible human

You can bet he'll be close to the top of any managerial vacancy list over the summer. The perception will be that he joined a sinking ship at QPR and as such, his reputation will be largely intact because the situation will be seen to have been beyond saving.

His had 20 games in charge and spent 20 odd million in january, they were (I believe) 4 points off 17th when he took over, whilst I admit he took over what was clearly a broken dressing room with too many players, I thought harry was a triffic manager who could turn the situation around.

And why hasnt he been pulled up over his hypocritical statements over wages and spending there, he always said he never knew what players were paid at tottenham as it was the chairmans job for sure, but slated bosingwas wage saying "I didn't have a single player at spurs on the money his on"

Not to mention his bizarre "I won't sign anyone here, the chairmans already had his pants pulled down with transfers" and then signs chris samba for 12 million and 100k a week wage, although that was the chairmans signing. for sure

In fairness, his comments at the time about the chairman's pants being pulled down were as much to do with WHO was earning the money as it was about the amounts that were being earned. I.O.W. he was going to try and give similar money to more-deserving players. Now I think the 'oh look he's doing what he said he wouldn't' thing was just the anti-Harry fan club intentionally misinterpreting his quotes for the fun of it. You're right that he may have been found out when saying he knew none of Spurs' wages yet could compare them favourably to those at QPR. Maybe he just knew the ceiling at Spurs? It's possible. But anyway, the long and the short of it is that he fell into the exact same trap as Hughes. He asked for players who ended up on just as much as those brought in by Hughes but who ended up performing every bit as badly and in some cases even worse. There has to be a psychology attributed to being down in the bottom 3 for that long. A kind of exasperated inevitability and futility that infects the players.

Â