The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

Samba was a really bad signing. Heavy legged and just not a fit in the modern PL game . I doubt he will finish his contract there and I don't think he will play again after QPR .

Absolutely. Samba has been by and large a total liability since his move to QPR. He was'nt exactly much cop with Blackburn either, certainly not worthy of a move to one of the giant clubs. To be spending £100k a week on a defender you'd expect them to be world-class in terms of quality and transform a defence into a watertight unit.

was said at time but Samba looks absolute average for the salary he gets. Think they conceded 15 in 6 games prior to today. Not all his fault but he hasnt shored up defence like he was supposed to

Samba was a really bad signing. Heavy legged and just not a fit in the modern PL game . I doubt he will finish his contract there and I don't think he will play again after QPR .

Samba is incredibly over rated, hence why his career has seen him play for blackburn rovers and some Russian club in the Arse end of nowhere.

£10.5 million and £100,000 a week fpr a player that has the turning circle of the titanic and the acceleration of an Austin alegro.

was said at time but Samba looks absolute average for the salary he gets. Think they conceded 15 in 6 games prior to today. Not all his fault but he hasnt shored up defence like he was supposed to

For the salary he gets he's one of the worlds worst centre backs, 

Samba has been poor QPR no doubt about it, but I am going to disagree with you all with regards to his play for blackburn. He was quite good when he was at ewood park, not amazing, but certainly his performances were good enough for this league. I remember a few on here wanted him to sign back in the houllier days

Samba is **** shit and has never been good. Great bit of work by Harry, what a truly quality manager he is. 

Pretty much what I said when he signed and I got a pretty rough ride for that comment. 

/smug.

The Samba signing just stinks of absolutely no work or research put into the transfer.

It just seems remarkably like he's thought "Chris Samba was good wasn't he? Yeah sign him, whatever it takes"

I'd put money on the fact there was absolutely no scouting involved, or consideration if he was still as good as he was at Blackburn, or even if he was the right kind of player to fit into the team.

Also interesting, I saw the start of Redknapp's interview on Sky before the Wigan game. One of the first things he said was about the atmosphere improving. He said something along the lines of

"It's better than it was. There was a split when I first joined the club in the dressing room, there might be now, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. But there was a split between the guys who used to be here and the new guys who had come in on big wages"

I found 3 things about this remarkable

1. He openly confirmed a dressing room split, whilst still at the club. I don't remember hearing any other manager do that.

2. He doesn't know if there are any dressing room problems now.

3. He acknowledged that the source of the split was new players earnign big wages, yet STILL went out and added to the amount of new players on big wages!

The guy's an idiot.

The only defense of the Samba signing (for Arry) is he was told to give the board a list of players who could save him from relegation. At the time I don't think Arry knew exactly what sort of money was available, which is terrible communication by the board and manager. But I remember Arry saying at the time how surprised he was that he got Samba, as he was on the list but he felt it was out of their price range. I think Arry was expecting 6-7m and 40k a week or so - which wouldn't have been that bad. The board just went out there, paid whatever it took and invited more pressure onto themselves and upset other players who were already angry at the wage structure there. Andros Townsend is their best player, being paid £12k per week - and 4-5 of that by Spurs. Samba 100k. Go figure.

Harry Redknapp now knows they are down, it was obvious with his body language in the post match interview. To get to 38 points, they need 4 wins and 2 draws from 6 games - no chance. Hhe won't come out and admit but the goal from our old boy Maloney has put them down.

they were down the moment we bet them at VP.

Feel for their fans but if any justice in football Mark Hughes should never get another top job, Warnock would have done much better

they should have went down last season as well so its not that shocking. be fun to see Julio Cesar against Barnsley or Huddersfield

Edited by Zatman

Cesar is already linked to AC Milan. He'll land on his feet, as will Remy. QPR are really in the stink. The only one I feel sorry for is Tony Fernandes. He's too 'nice' and accommodating and it's gonna cost him big.

Warnock is a rubbish manager. Can't stand him.

And yes, you have to feel for the fans. They saw the money rolling in and expected the big time, instead they got a circus and it will hurt for a while.

A case of a naïve owner done over by agents, I've no doubt about that.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Â