The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

Qpr have been in the bottom 3 since January 2012, only out of it on the final day of last season.

http://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=67934

Kevin Gallen has revealed he was lied to during his time as an academy coach at QPR and admits he was ‘always watching his back’ at Loftus Road. The former Loftus Road strike star left the west London club in mid-August, when he was sacked by email by former technical director Mike Rigg, and confesses it was not a pleasant environment under the management regime of Mark Hughes. Neil Warnock told talkSPORT earlier this week he hoped Hughes would succeed him at Leeds so he could ‘destroy another of my teams’, and Gallen has now added his own damning assessment of the Welshman’s time in charge. He said: “When I was at the club, we had a meeting about the academy and [technical director] Mike Rigg came in and said to us our transfer policy is going to be a lot different , we’re going to sign young players with a lot of sell on value, something the previous management team had not done. “And then the next month we signed Ji Sung Park, Julio Cesar, Jose Bosingwa, Ryan Nelsen and Andy Johnson. “I’ve been in football a long time and there are a lot of people who tell a lot of porky pies and can con a lot of people. But I believed him.” It wasn’t a nice place to work. You were always watching your back — Kevin Gallen Gallen also claims Rigg was the man in control of football affairs at Loftus Road. “I was there until mid-August [2012] and he was running the club,” he added in an interview with QPR podcast ‘Open All Rs. “Players like Joey Barton, Luke Young, DJ Campbell and Jay Bothroyd were all told by Mike Rigg, ‘you’ve got to train at 9 o’clock and then come back at 4 o’clock’, because they wanted them out. “That’s fair enough, but can’t you just say, ‘you’re not going to play, try to find another club’. “But if you are made to come in before the first-team and then leave before they arrive at 11 o’clock, and then come back at 4 o’clock and do half an hour just to annoy you, players are going to dig their heels in and say, ‘I’m staying where I am’. “And that culture went through the staff. It wasn’t a nice place to work. You were always watching your back.”

Qprdot.org Edited by Jimzk5

Cesar is already linked to AC Milan. He'll land on his feet, as will Remy. QPR are really in the stink. The only one I feel sorry for is Tony Fernandes. He's too 'nice' and accommodating and it's gonna cost him big.

its the wages though. Cesar is on about 200k a week. Balotelli had to take a paycut to go to Milan. Cant see a team give Remy the wages unless moves to Russia

Yeah I can't imagine Cesar, Samba or Remy will hang about.

Samba might hang about because it's a meal ticket. Who'd want to buy him with what he's being paid? The other 2 IMO will have slightly loftier ambitions. I can see Samba hanging around for a while, much to the annoyance of their fans and owner.

Nah I do. Whelan is a pr*ck. Fernandes always comes across very well in his interviews, both in F1 and PL. His problem seems to be a naïvety rather than anything malicious. Unfortunately one can be as dangerous as the other in the PL.

I actually want QPR to go on a good run now, because they are basically down, but they still have to play 3 of our direct relegation candidates. So they can do us a favour by taking points off them .

Samba might hang about because it's a meal ticket. Who'd want to buy him with what he's being paid? ... I can see Samba hanging around for a while, much to the annoyance of their fans and owner.
QPR Rejected Huge offer for Samba on deadline day to take him bak to Russia. I can only assume they were aware of the silly wages he was already on and wouldn't have moved again for a pay cut.

Samba might hang about because it's a meal ticket. Who'd want to buy him with what he's being paid? ... I can see Samba hanging around for a while, much to the annoyance of their fans and owner.
QPR Rejected Huge offer for Samba on deadline day to take him bak to Russia. I can only assume they were aware of the silly wages he was already on and wouldn't have moved again for a pay cut.

That's really strange. Completely missed that at the time.

I remember that but at the time it was much more likely that they would have gotten out of trouble with a good run of results. I'd wager that if they could get that offer right now they'd take it. They never went on their run, they gambled on their future and now they're going to be paying him in the Chumpionship.

I remember that but at the time it was much more likely that they would have gotten out of trouble with a good run of results. I'd wager that if they could get that offer right now they'd take it. They never went on their run, they gambled on their future and now they're going to be paying him in the Chumpionship.

Wouldn't be so sure about that. King Harry can still get them out of this... :ph34r:

Yeah Townsend is one of the few to come out of their season with much credit. He's a tidy and effective player. Once again Spurs' job done by another PL club. Gotta take yer hat off to Levy really :)

I think with the french connection, their willingness to spend big on wages and their need for a striker, remy to barcodes looks like a good bet.

I think with the french connection, their willingness to spend big on wages and their need for a striker, remy to barcodes looks like a good bet.

After he rejected them (after passing a medical and about to sign for them) too join qpr for a bit more ££££££££s remy won't end up at Newcastle

Qpr have been in the bottom 3 since January 2012, only out of it on the final day of last season.

That can't be right, they lost on the last day of the season......

You think so BOF, because Walker has been terrible this year in line with his recent haircuts. However Townsend could have been the difference for Spurs getting Champions League, they really lack pace in that side without Bale.

Walker has done a lot of good too. An annoying amount of my mates are Spurs fans and I get regular updates. He has his flaws no doubt, but he's definitely a bona fide PL player and we blooded him.

Â