The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

He be just another version of MON and thats what we need to stay away from

What we need to stay away from is the Championship... and we are poised to fail that criteria.

true BUT if we are to go down Its better to go down with a wage bill as currently than on wasting on crap overpaid players you cant get rid of. If we do go down the only overpaid players at moment are Given, Bent, N'Zogbia, Gabby and Hutton.

But then say these cheap and cheerful youngster get us back up... we've got to spend lots of money to stay up by buying experienced Premier League quality players and so the cycle starts again but just 2 years down the line and after the huge 'IF' we come back up.

The point of buying better experienced (and hence more expensive) players has been and gone and we're suffering the consequences of that now. My point was that 'Arry may have done what we were all crying out for and got us to a safer league standing by coaxing some reasonable funds out of Randy.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

...and they were pretty much the reason we (potentially) got relegated.

Cheap players are often a false economy. Thats all I'm saying. Anyway. I guess we should draw a line under this to avoid going insane :D

I'm not sure I would rate him as a good manager. Depends on the definition of good, I suppose.

I think he's a decent (ability wise, certainly not personality wise) manager. Nothing more.

I seem to recall an article where 'arry described himself as the best coach in the league and went on to explain that Fergie , Wegner etc were managers where as he got down on the training pitch and coached

pxFDfIc.png

A birthday party, West London, England. This week. 

You may recognise the man in the middle wearing red as birthday boy and future Chelsea captain David Luiz.  

You may recognise the man on the left in the Chelsea shirt as QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar.  He has probably not endeared himself to the QPR supporters by posing for photographs in the kit of their most hated rivals.   Perhaps he will go for the Stewart Downing photoshop defence? 

I think a defence of "that's not me, it's Frank Lampard" might work. 

I looked at that photo for about a minute wondering why you'd posted it (before reading your post obviously) and couldn't work it out because I thought it was Fat Frank :D

(it's obvious now that it isn't him, but on first glance I assumed it was and didn't think to look particularly hard as a result)

Edited by Stevo985

he has been fined by the club and apologised. stupid thing to do but I doubt he cares

I'm not sure I would rate him as a good manager. Depends on the definition of good, I suppose.

I think he's a decent (ability wise, certainly not personality wise) manager. Nothing more.

I seem to recall an article where 'arry described himself as the best coach in the league and went on to explain that Fergie , Wegner etc were managers where as he got down on the training pitch and coached

was that not Big Sam who said that

I too remember him saying that. Or, as I remember it he said that he is a better manager/coaching manager than Ferguson and MON, which we laughed about at the time as we were flying high in the league back then. Don't remember him including Wenger, though. Still don't rate him very high. He's a fraud.

he has been fined by the club and apologised. stupid thing to do but I doubt he cares

What all the furiously indignant papers don't bother mentioning though is that everyone at David Luiz's birthday party was dressed up as David Luiz i.e wearing Chelsea kits and big wigs. It's a story that begins and ends with 'man goes to fancy dress party in appropriate clothes'.

• Like 2

Redknapp also said he invented the overlapping full back. 

"Redknapp's pre-match organisational briefing with his staff before Saturday's match at Aston Villa and a question has arisen about whether Glen Johnson can cope with the in-form and dangerous Aston Villa left winger Ashley Young.

"I pulled Glen to one side quietly before the game, told him one or two of the chaps might think he needed help with Young," Harry recounts.

"Then I told him that I had no doubts, none at all. Told him to go and be the player I think he is. Told him to make sure I didn't have to regret believing in him.

"Ashley Young is a good player, but so is Glen. Young didn't get a kick, we won 3-1. What a good player Glen Johnson is: trains hard, works hard, smashing boy.

"Believing in your players, showing them you have faith in what they can do. That's half the battle."

"Yeah, I'd like to have spoken to Brian. I know I was never going to get it, but I'm obviously not important. I've only managed for more than 1,000 games, 13 seasons in the Premier League, fifth in the Premier League.

"Great, talk to Sir Alex Ferguson. Then talk to the others. Great, but why not talk to me? I have plenty to say to him.

"For starters, do you have to be a super-coach to manage England? Does Steven Gerrard need coaching? Of course not. Or Ashley Cole, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Micah Richards, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney?

"You get them for three days before a game, what will you coach them? Would I get Gerrard and coach him on passing a football or Lampard on running on to the ball and hitting it in the top corner from 30 yards?

"It's not about coaching! It's about picking the players, getting them organised, giving them belief, giving them a platform to play without fear and getting the best out of them.

"It doesn't need Jurgen Klinsmann or Fabio Capello. Top coaches? It's a fallacy. I've seen one, maybe two in my lifetime, no more.

"Terry Venables, the players say, was a top coach. Ron Greenwood is the only great coach I ever saw with my own eyes.

"Football is about the management of players. To be manager of England, you don't have to be a great coach ? they don't exist ? you have to be a manager.

"The great Liverpool teams didn't have coaches. They had managers, trusted in their players, gave them a football and told them to play.

"A manager knows how to put a team together, balance the team, pick players who can pass the ball.

What all the furiously indignant papers don't bother mentioning though is that everyone at David Luiz's birthday party was dressed up as David Luiz i.e wearing Chelsea kits and big wigs. It's a story that begins and ends with 'man goes to fancy dress party in appropriate clothes'.

This picture would suggest that that isn't true

party_2543981a.jpg

Although I don't doubt that Cesar (and his family... I assume that's his family) was indeed dressing as Luiz, so it's still a nothing story. A bit silly, but nothing more than that.

Edited by Stevo985

This picture would suggest that that isn't true

party_2543981a.jpg

Although I don't doubt that Cesar (and his family... I assume that's his family) was indeed dressing as Luiz, so it's still a nothing story. A bit silly, but nothing more than that.

Luiz? I thought they went like sideshow bob

Didn't Fernandes say he would walk if QPR got relegated?

I've heard the same but i can see harry taking them straight back up if they manage to keep some good players. He would be by far the best manager in the division with a quality team despite this season in the championship being arguably the hardest. Idk what they would do about finances though...

Didn't Fernandes say he would walk if QPR got relegated?

I've heard the same but i can see harry taking them straight back up if they manage to keep some good players. He would be by far the best manager in the division with a quality team despite this season in the championship being arguably the hardest. Idk what they would do about finances though...

Incredibly debateable, especially depending on what teams get promoted to and relegated from the prem.

Edited by Stevo985

Â