The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

You can blame a manager, but really it's the chairman that are daft enough to sign the cheques. 

Yep, chairman are often the 'enablers'. Harry himself said on Sky that Tony was the one who bought Samba, all Harry did was give him a 'list' of names. Harry must have a particular seductive quality when it comes to his chairmen.

• Like 1

He came out with the same BS regards to VDV didn't he. Always makes sure he distances himself sufficiently if he is worried it might not work out.

I would have thought he'd jump at the chace of claiming credit for nabbing VDV for less than £8m. I do believe Levy was resposible though and as Fernandes is in charge of the finances at QPR not Droopy the fans should be venting at their chairman if the clubs finances are in trouble not the manager.

He came out with the same BS regards to VDV didn't he. Always makes sure he distances himself sufficiently if he is worried it might not work out.

I would have thought he'd jump at the chace of claiming credit for nabbing VDV for less than £8m. I do believe Levy was resposible though and as Fernandes is in charge of the finances at QPR not Droopy the fans should be venting at their chairman if the clubs finances are in trouble not the manager.

Whilst true, he has previous for this.

It takes two to tango. Though the Spurs fan defending him CLEARLY has no idea the impact wages can have on a club. Neither do the chairmen of said clubs unfortunately.

It's hard not feeling sorry for the fans.

It takes two to tango. Though the Spurs fan defending him CLEARLY has no idea the impact wages can have on a club. Neither do the chairmen of said clubs unfortunately.

That's not true at all. You probably just weren't aware of the facts. Southampton fans hated Redknapp prior to him joining. Surely simple math would show that the profit from the sales they made on the players he bought in his short stint there more than covered any increased wages. He didn't damage them financially, you justw ant to believe he did.

It's the same with West Ham. They never even went bankrupt, but there is a myth that they did. In the first season after he left they finished 7th. So the squad he left them with was clearly capable of competing in the Prem. The following season Roeder several expensive, high profile names (as I mentioned in my previous post). They then got relegated and thus had financial troubles. Their wage bill wasn't an issue until they got relegated 18 months later. You must be able to see this isn't Redknapps fault. He wasn't even at the club and they never went bankrupt anyway. 

Bournemouths debt increased at a much lower rate whilst Redknapp was there. But again, you must be able to understand that no club that size could afford to pay the riots. The cost was £1 million, which back in the 80's would have been an insane amount of money. 

Being a Spurs fan has nothing to with it. Most Spurs fans hated Redknapp before he arrived and about half hate him now. West Ham fans hate him for replacing their hero Billy Bonds (who got them relegated). Redknapp apparently told the board Bonds was the problem. He was proven right, but their fans never forgave Redknapp. 

He was at Pompey for years under Mandaric without problems. The Russian came in promising funds that never turned up. 

At Spurs our wage bill went up inline with increased revenue from playing in the CL and higher finishes. Our net spend was very low during Redknapps reign. At West Ham, Bournmouth and Southampton, they profited from transfers and wages were fine.

Due to myths about what happened at previous clubs, which are made up largely by West Ham fans and lapped up by others, people think what happened at Pompey is normal for clubs managed by Redknapp. But in reality it has as much to with him as Leeds troubles have to do with David O'Leary. A manager can only spend when the Chairman allows. In the case of Pompey under Gaydamak and Leeds under Risdale, they spent money they couldn't afford to. These things didn't happen when Redknapp was at Bournemouth, West Ham, Southampton or Spurs. 

• Like 1

He screwed portsmouth over big time when he left with that clause his contract that gave him a percentage of any future players sales, knowing the club were **** financialy then going too sign there players for spurs thus earning himself a nice few quid in the process, that kranjaer deal, jpins pompey for £7 million, then joins spurs 2 years later for £2.5million, what the hell happened there?

I dont like redknapp because of his blatent tapping up "yeah you know I like the boy, but he plays for another team, and I can't talk about him, but i do like him for sure" and secondly, because his as bent as dale winton

He screwed portsmouth over big time when he left with that clause his contract that gave him a percentage of any future players sales, knowing the club were **** financialy then going too sign there players for spurs thus earning himself a nice few quid in the process, that kranjaer deal, jpins pompey for £7 million, then joins spurs 2 years later for £2.5million, what the hell happened there?

I dont like redknapp because of his blatent tapping up "yeah you know I like the boy, but he plays for another team, and I can't talk about him, but i do like him for sure" and secondly, because his as bent as dale winton

That wasn't in his contract. Everyone made a big deal about his tax court case, but part of that revealed that when he became manager he no longer profited from transfers. The percentage of transfer fees was part of his contract when he was Director of Football. He left that role when Pompey were still in the Championship. The reason Kranjcar was so cheap was because they were desperate. Levy screwed them. In normal circumstances Kranjcar would have been another player that would have made them a lot, like Defoe, Kaboul, Muntari, Mendes, Diarra, Distin and Johnson. When you look at the profits they made on those players, it seems they would have effectively paid for themselves as it more than covered their wages. We also had a pay £5 million in compensation for Redknapp himself.

The trouble at Pompey was Mandaric was investing his own money into the club to bring success. He sold it to the Russian who was supposed to do the same. Instead he allowed the purchase of expensive players, but to be paid in installments. He then sold the actual club, but retained many of the land assets. So the club had to pay him money to use things like the car park and were left with large amounts of transfer fees still to pay, whilst struggling to stay in the Prem with a terrible manager (Tony Adams). Gaydamak was meant to be a sugar daddy, but he simply drained the club. He kept the valuable stuff (the land around the stadium etc) and sold the club itself which. 

Redknapp looks like a wax statue that has been left by a hot light several hours.

Im no fan of Harry Redknapp as a football manager, but isnt his appearence due to the fact he was in a particularly nasty car accident? All for bashing his ridiculous transfer deadline day antics, but having a pop at how he looks? Not necessary and playground stuff.

Agreed. It's all well and good saying he just gives a list of names and lets the chairman sort it out... but does he really think Samba is going to join for £2m on £10k a week? He is a fool, but not enough of one to not know the value/cost of players in transfers and wages. Given he was so against the QPR wage bill when he joined, you'd think he'd turn down the chance to have more players on high wages. Apparently not, more hypocritical bollocks from Harry.

Â