The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

Was disgusting watching Gillette Soccer Saturday with that word removed Stelling gushing over Redknapp like he was world class and then criticizing AVB just in case Spurs crash.

think only person who seemed uncomfortable to be licking his arse was Le Tissier

Bottom 6 since Arry waved his magic (other wise known as spend shit loads) after taking over at QPR.

Southampton Played 19...23 points

Aston Villa ....Played 19...21 points

Sunderland ...Played 19...19 points

QPR...............Played 19...19 points

Wigan.............Played 18...16 points

Reading..........Played 19...14 points

• 3 weeks later...

Surely there done for now unless they win the last 6, I wonder how much harry will get away with, he will have had 24 games to save them and a large outlay in January, most press reports on the game say it was a hopeless situation and it was always going to he hard

Just an estimated quick list of their top ten earners from various internet sources and hearsay:

Samba - £ 100,000 per week

Remy - £ 80,000 per week

Bosingwa - £ 80,000 per week

Granero - £ 80,000 per week

Julio Cesar - £ 70,000 per week

M'Bia - £ 60,000 per week

Zamora - £ 60,000 per week

Green - £ 60,000 per week

Wright-Phillips - £ 50,000 per week

And they have about 10 players on £ 40,000 per week

So basically, they are **** with a barge pole with that wage bill. Note that some of these are purely estimates but I wouldnt be surprised if they aren't too far off the mark.

They may be able to move some of those guys on if they have relegation release clauses or relegation wage reduction clauses but I imagine they didnt give some of them any as an incentive to come and join. Could you see Rob Green for instance wanting to end his 3 year £60k a week contract in a hurry?

They are going to go the same way as Portsmouth. Only a 15,000 capacity stadium and a wage bill that must be 200% of their entire turnover. I feel sorry for the fans as they are the ones that always get shafted.

$470m according to wiki, not that rich in terms of owners, wouldnt say he is rich enough to cover the coming losses, time for mittal to step up, he can cover it

i've heard tony fernandes say he didnt really care about making / losing money at QPR because pretty much every single other business interest he had made money off the back of being associated with a prem club, for example QPR can lose money and be balanced by the fact that air asia is making more money, take away that prem link and does he lose interest in QPR very fast?

They have a rich owner who can keep bankrolling the players who they don't sell.

It's gonna take a lot of cash to keep them afloat, especially if they don't come back up. There wage bill alone is already twice what they turnover. Tony fernandes comes across as incredibly naive and a total bellend though.

Edited by Jimzk5

They have a rich owner who can keep bankrolling the players who they don't sell. 

they will lose what 80m on tv money and you think the owners will pump in 50m to keep everyone? no way they will go like Pompey if they go down

Can't see them shifting many of the big earners. Their better players today were those they don't own as well! They are the latest club to be redknobbed

Most of the QPR players who are there on loan were signed before Redknapp even got the job. Can't blame him for everything.

• Like 1

Can't see them shifting many of the big earners. Their better players today were those they don't own as well! They are the latest club to be redknobbed

Most of the QPR players who are there on loan were signed before Redknapp even got the job. Can't blame him for everything.

Your right, mark hughes has done a real job on qprs finances, but redknapp was the one who took charge of the place in December, claimed he wouldn't sign anyone as they already had a bloated wage bill and to quote saggy chops "the owner has already had his pants pulled down with transfers" and then spent 35million on players on ludicrous wages for a club of qprs size. He played this straight away by saying the owner sanctioned the moves and was nothing to do with him, saying samba signing was a surprise gift as he had only mentioned him and fernandes took it upon himself to sign him.

It's frankly ridiculous that he will walk away from this with his reputation intact, they are in a worse state now than when Hughes left them

Indeed. But a lot of people seemed to be giving them a chance if they won today (including some of my friends, to which I very much disagreed).

I don't think it would have made a blind bit of difference

was said at time but Samba looks absolute average for the salary he gets. Think they conceded 15 in 6 games prior to today. Not all his fault but he hasnt shored up defence like he was supposed to

Yes, its amazing that some people still think QPR are going to stay up, just because of Redknapp and some of their players.

The writing has been on the wall since August! They've been shocking all season.

Â