The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

When Arry took over they were six points from safety. After spending ~£25m and adding a metric shit tonne to the wage bill they are now seven points from safety.

Edit - Never mind, stevo pointed this out on the last page. I'll get my coat.

Edited by ArteSuave

I thought QPR were going to be safe with all their new signings?

It's a common misconception that comes with having saggy chops in charge.

It's a common misconception that comes with splashing out a shit-ton of money.

For some reason I can still see them getting out of it. I know it's highly improbable but I can just see it happening. 

Same, I have a horrible feeling they'll get out of it.

How exactly are they going to do that? They need 3 teams immediately above them to be worse than QPR from here to the end of the season, 4-7 points worse. They've no hope at all of catching Southampton and Newcastle. 

The hooneymoon period is over. They're £25m lighter and it seems £25m shitter. There is something desperately wrong in that dressing room. 

They've won two games all season. One of those completely unexpected, a local derby in fact and the other against Fulham who have exactly the same away record as we do. I can't see where they're getting the points from? They'll win a few games probably, or they should. But 20 points? Really?

Man United next then Southampton away. All the best Harry you saggy faced charlatan.

Even 20 points MIGHT not be enough.

THat's 7 wins, or it's equivalent.

7 wins out of 12 games, that's easily Champions League form.
THe only way they'll get out of it is if 3 other teams are really really shit until the end of the season and the points needed to stay up goes down to something ridiculous like 32. And even then it'd be a push.

As for the dressing room, I imagien the problem is probably that the only people playing well before were the old boys who'd been there a while. And how are they rewarded? the gaffer signs a load of other players who earn 5 or 6 times as much as them

I do wonder how people like Tony Fernandes manage to become so wealthy. After the initial batch of overpaid journeymen got his club into a whole heap of trouble he goes and does exactly the same thing again with, what looks to be, the same outcome.

QPR were "out of their minds" to sign defender Christopher Samba in a big-money move from Anzhi Makhachkala, according to the Russian club's director.

The 28-year-old centre-back joined Rangers on deadline day in the January transfer window after they triggered a £12.5m release clause in his contract, with the player rumoured to be earning £100,000-a-week at the London club.

Sambaspacer.gif was brought to the club to help them escape relegation from the Premier League and has played two matches for them so far, including the 4-1 defeat at Swansea last weekend which left the Hoops bottom of the table and seven points from safety.

Anzhi director German Tkachenko admitted he was sad to see Samba leave the Russian club but said he and his colleagues were amazed at the amount QPR were willing to pay to sign the Congo international.

"At QPR he will earn almost as much as he did at Anzhi," said Tkachenko. "In my view QPR have lost their minds.

"When they agreed to pay his release fee we wept. He [samba] wept. Everybody says that he ran away from the club, but that's not true. He didn't put any pressure on the club until we received an offer from QPR for £12.5m, the amount required by his contract."

Tkachenko revealed former Blackburn defender Samba was keen to return to western Europe for family reasons.

"It was linked to the threat that he would lose contact with his children," Tkachenko added. "That was a big blow. He was a guy who loved all of us. And besides, he is a very good defender. I think he is one of the top five defenders currently playing in Europe."

Tkachenko also said that he would be delighted to see Samba return to Anzhi in the future.

"If we are successful and playing in the Champions League, I dream that Samba will become an Anzhi player again," he added

Courtest of our Sky Sports friends.

I wonder how much financial influence the Mittal family have at QPR. Theyve gone absolutely all out financially to escape relegation, so surely they have a plan if they do drop. Surely?

I have to admit i though qpr would survive pretty comfortably with harry and a few decent signings, they still could pick up but they've been rubbish so far. Remy playing 2 games and then out for the rest of the season is a kick in the teeth.

Fear for them if they go down though, could be ugly. Suppose you could say the same about us but to a lesser extent.

Mittal family has never put anything into QPR and have never seemed to really show any desire either

There we go then, my question answered. And if thats the case, I dont think Fernandes has the wealth on his own to back the club up. Im not even sure his airline Air Asia are doing that well! (Although I hope to utilise their super cheap Asia fares soon!)

Â