January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

If they want Bent i'd ask for Huth and N'Zonzi plush cash.

However if Faulkner is involved in the negotiations we'll probably get a combination of Delap, Whitehead, Jerome and Owen.

N'zonzi is another with Diame we should have got in Summer...

If we sell Bent to Stoke (or any other team we have yet to play again this season) we should insist on a clause that he can't play against us - cos you can just write the script that he will score the goals against us that might be the final nail in our coffin

If they want Bent i'd ask for Huth and N'Zonzi plush cash.

However if Faulkner is involved in the negotiations we'll probably get a combination of Delap, Whitehead, Jerome and Owen.

Yeah Faulker's got us terrible, terrible deals so far.

Such as... and... 

We need his wages off the bill thats why.

Maybe we do, but to sell him for quarter of his actual worth would be shambolic and a complete statement that this club is a joke.

For what it is worth, with his form and injuries this season, I'd happily take £10 million this minute.

That should give Lambert more than enough for a central defender and a central midfielder. Or, more realistically, it will give Lerner more money not to re-invest and donate to **** galleries.

Maybe we do, but to sell him for quarter of his actual worth would be shambolic and a complete statement that this club is a joke.

For what it is worth, with his form and injuries this season, I'd happily take £10 million this minute.

That should give Lambert more than enough for a central defender and a central midfielder. Or, more realistically, it will give Lerner more money not to re-invest and donate to **** galleries.

My honest opinion is, i think we could sell him for about 7-8 million, but im saying i'd take as low as 4 million.

Yeah Faulker's got us terrible, terrible deals so far.

Such as... and... 

How about McLeish and Houllier as managers, a 35 year goalkeeper on a 5 year deal at 50k a week for starters

Or are you saying he had no influence on any of those appointments?

Lambert gambled on bringing in KEA in, and it hasn't paid of. We desperately need a defensive midfielder, its one of the most important areas of the pitch, its where the entire game can be controlled. There is no guarantee that any other player would have done better than KEA. But we missed out on Diame, when he was going on a free.

I believe Diame wanted a London club and also his wages were out of our league - I think around £40k a week

Lambert knew that our signings were all gambles and that some wouldn't pay off. These were not his first or even second choices, they were compromises who came in for £5k-£25k a week - all seven together would cost what Sissoko is costing Newcastle

There is no guarantee our lightweight team will do any better in chumpionship

If we went down, which I desperately hope we don't, should Lambert still be here, he would build a totally different squad

That said replace Bannan with a big strong midfielder and suddenly we don't look so lightweight

I have to say, I didn't watch many Wigan games last season, but was Diame that good.

He left Wigan on a free, and signed for West Ham, no disrespect, but suddenly he is supposed to be interesting "top clubs" because of his release fee. There was no fee 6 months ago. It's not like managers wouldn't have seen him play in some strange foreign league.

During Wigans run of 7 wins at the end of the season, he played only 20mins as a sub in one game, and 5 minutes in another.

What's deflated me recently is how lambert has now started to say 'well, I do kind of want people, but I don't think we'll get anyone'...it's almost like he's given up...maybe he has, but it's a change from his confident outlook from 2 weeks ago

£16.36m actually, assuming a 4 year contract and allowing for the transfer fee. Thats assuming the Toon have put him on a four year deal. I dont know the exact terms of the deal, perhaps you can enlighten me.

seems pretty reasonable for a player of his calibre to me, assuming he will play a big part in keeping them up, and will have 'sell-on' value that everyone seems to be obsessed with.

Your not Randy in disguise are you?

Plus bonuses

No I'm not Randy - if I was I'd put my hand in my pocket to protect my investment

Whether £20m over four years is good value or not is not the point - you were moaning that Lambert should be signing the likes of Sissoko. I'd love it if he did, but if you'd been following at all you would know it's not going to happen so it seems a bit harsh to criticise Lambert for not signing a player who he would absolutely love to have in his squad

Liam Brady leaving Arsenal, Thats someone we really should try to give role at the club if we are to continue with our youth oriented philosophy. Not sure why he would come here, but still...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/liam-brady-to-leave-his-role-at-arsenal-3370433.html

Edit: After reading some comments on various Arsenal forums it seems that they think his coaching methods are outdated so maybe we should stay clear after all...

Edited by sne

What's deflated me recently is how lambert has now started to say 'well, I do kind of want people, but I don't think we'll get anyone'...it's almost like he's given up...maybe he has, but it's a change from his confident outlook from 2 weeks ago

From everything I've read on here, it looks like the board have well and truely shafted him. They are a disgrace and have relegated us.