January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Excellent response?

So you can't express and opinion on what a manager has done unless you're a manager?

Interesting.

"No doubt he had to work under restrictions but he made some poor decisions in the summer. Maybe instead of signing KEA and Bennett he could have got one good DM player." 

You can express you're naive anti-Lambert opinions, but don't try and tell someone that they're bad at their job, When someone like you has never and will never be put in that very same situation.

Here is what PL said last night

'"There will be a few teams down there and we will have to fight our way out of it. Money dictates everything and the situation hasn't changed. I don't know if we will be able to bring anyone in, let's see what the next two days brings. You have to survive in the league and sometimes you need a bit of help."

This quote true, as it means they are at least looking, even if its just cheep ones?

Well if Mirror is to be belived Stoke want Bent but to get him have to sell Crouch so by selling them Bent we strengthen QPR in a round about way..great.

Still if Warnock /Hutton and Bent go with no replacements then we really are more of a shambles than any of us could of thought

In fairness, we'd be in better shape for the Championship with all those wages gone. Excellent forward planning really  ;)

"No doubt he had to work under restrictions but he made some poor decisions in the summer. Maybe instead of signing KEA and Bennett he could have got one good DM player." 

You can express you're naive anti-Lambert opinions, but don't try and tell someone that they're bad at their job, When someone like you has never and will never be put in that very same situation.

Haha brilliant.

Well shut down the website, radio phone ins and ban people from discussing it with their friends.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Looking at it, I think our club could have positives from going down. We'd be able to clear almost all of the deadwood and let the kids mature with less pressure. If Lambert is left in charge he'll have a chance to develop kids like he did at Norwich and keep the budget at a point where it's manageable.

• Like 1

Looking at it, I think our club could have positives from going down. We'd be able to clear almost all of the deadwood and let the kids mature with less pressure. If Lambert is left in charge he'll have a chance to develop kids like he did at Norwich and keep the budget at a point where it's manageable.

I don't know why people imagine we'll suddenly be able to get rid of all the deadwood. We've been trying for years and for those on contracts giving a higher wage than their contribution is worth, we'll only be able to get rid when those contracts expire. 

Stoke came close to signing Bent before he went to Sunderland, so he's clearly a player that Pulis likes (liked).

am sure that was Hull

Maybe instead of signing KEA and Bennett he could have got one good DM player.

No doubt he had to work under restrictions but he made some poor decisions in the summer.

in fairness I guess them 2 salary is still about 40k away a week from what Sissoko wanted

So using your logic how can you express your pro lambert thoughts when you haven't been in the same situation either?

I don't know why people imagine we'll suddenly be able to get rid of all the deadwood. We've been trying for years and for those on contracts giving a higher wage than their contribution is worth, we'll only be able to get rid when those contracts expire.

Agreed

Just want the window to close now, then we can focus on going down.

don't worry the players and manager are already way ahead of you on this. They don't need to wait for the transfer window to close they are aready preparing for a relegation battle in the championship next season.

• Like 1

Why the **** do people keep spouting this bollox about going down will be good for us ?

How, in any way, shape or form can it be good ?

If you are in the Championship, you have 2 objectives.

1, not to go in League 1

2. to get ptomoted to the premiership.

At the moment, we are in the premiership!!!!!

Why the **** would we want to go down to come back to where we are already ??

We need to stay up...full **** stop.

We can get rid of our dross while in the prem, we do not need to go down to do it.

I would rather have 2 or 3 more years treading water in the prem, but staying in there while we 'supposedly' sort our finances out, than spend 1 single year in the championship.

• Like 2