January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Right now, if we aren't signing anyone, I'd be tempted to put either Clark or Warnock in a DM position when Dunne is back.

I think I'd be tempted too. They're not the best options, but I'm just sick of seeing Barry Bannan in our side.

I'd go for something like this

- - - - - - - - - - - - Benteke - - - - - - - - - - -

Gabby - - - - - - - N'Zogbia - - - - Wiemann

- - - - Warnock/Clark - - Westwood - - - - -

Bennett - Dunne/Baker - Vlaar - - Lowton

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Guzan - - - - - - - - - - - -

Warnock used to play in CM for Blackburn occasionally, and he did have a few decent games there for us last season when Petrov was absent (I'm sure he scored a half decent goal aswell).

I actually think Lowton and Bennett will both look much better when played in a back 4. Especially Bennett, who could do with not having to shoulder a wingback role where he has to think about attacking and defending.

• Like 1

Lambert pretty much says nothing's happening and we all come to terms with it (some better than others) and then says 'I would like someone in' almost keeping a little glimmer of hope...and then Warnock gets sniffed by the Wulfs!

Could it be?

I think I'd be tempted too. They're not the best options, but I'm just sick of seeing Barry Bannan in our side.

I'd go for something like this

- - - - - - - - - - - - Benteke - - - - - - - - - - -

Gabby - - - - - - - N'Zogbia - - - - Wiemann

- - - - Warnock/Clark - - Westwood - - - - -

Bennett - Dunne/Baker - Vlaar - - Lowton

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Guzan - - - - - - - - - - - -

Warnock used to play in CM for Blackburn occasionally, and he did have a few decent games there for us last season when Petrov was absent (I'm sure he scored a half decent goal aswell).

I actually think Lowton and Bennett will both look much better when played in a back 4. Especially Bennett, who could do with not having to shoulder a wingback role where he has to think about attacking and defending.

I can't understand why people put Weimann out wide. He is a finsher; he can't cross or pass very well (although by the standard of recently, he is as good as anyone else) and his decision making is quite poor. However, his finishing is outstanding. Play him alongside Benteke and he will score goals. His workrate upfront is a bonus, not a reason to play him out of position.

Lambert pretty much says nothing's happening and we all come to terms with it (some better than others) and then says 'I would like someone in' almost keeping a little glimmer of hope...and then Warnock gets sniffed by the Wulfs!

Could it be?

Hooray for Dean Saunders! We need more managers like him around in the next few days. Didn't he take Beye off our hands when he was at Doncaster?   :D

Warnock is only wanted by championship clubs which for me tells us he has no place here get his 50k per week for the liability that he is. Clark in midfield no because he and Vlaar have an understanding developing and Baker is injured!

I would go with Delph and Westwood, Gabby and Zog wide (zog with a free role from the right) and Benteke, wiemann up top.  Bennett need us to stick with him, because he is showing sign of being a good attacking fullback and we look really dangerous from the left with him and Gabby or Zog.  I say lets attack!

• Like 1

**** off Lerner! Just **** off now and sell up! Don't care about Villa no more it seems. Won't sign players because we might go down? Not exactly a vote of confidence to our team. If people want to protest about something, they should protest about the people running the club at the top. Be a disaster if we go down, but it would be pathetic if we went down without trying to avoid it.

Lambert should put his foot down and if Lerner tells him to go for doing so, he should.

Edited by VillaRoy

If Warnock goes to Wolves, doesn't that mean Pat Murphy knows the square root of **** all?

No he’s just quoting the manager. Maybe he knows **** all. Or like all managers maybe he’s economic with the truth. Anyway who is this 20 year old from Derby? And I see a few clubs are sniffing around Aiden McGeady!

Not in public, but privately?

I bet hes fuming. I can see him walking soon after the window closes, claiming constructive dismissal.

Nah he's got us in this mess just as much as Lerner has. I like Lambert, and back him fully, but he has had most of last year's surviving squad to utilise, plus money to replace those who have left, and currently is doing a worse job than Mcleish. Our inability to win games is as much to do with Lambert's selections and tactics as it is to do with Lerner's penny pinching.

Either sell him or play him. Screw that loan, only thing that does is save money. Seems like Villa is going down now, no doubt. Shame, real shame, I have so much doubt that we will take so many wins that is required for us to stay up. Great..just great. Hope all of them **** off.