January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

My favorite thing about the average football fan is their transfer mentality. "I've heard of him. He must be good."

It is why we constantly hear about players like Joey Barton, NRC, ect in this thread.

The reality is there are dozens and dozens of players who are better players and values than the "name" players. It is Lambert's job to find them.

Unfortunately, I am not completely sold on Lambert's ability to spot a player.

Why, because it's all his fault we haven't signed anyone yet and his replacement will arrive just in time to make 5 or 6 signings and introduce a winning mentality?

I just wonder could he survive a walloping by WBA, knocked out the cup by a div 4 side, .......then Millwall away. Don't get me wrong the least painful way out of this, is if Lamberts team come good - but there is a set of results no manager can survive - sadly I think PL is getting pretty close to that. He said more or less the same thing Monday.

I just wonder could he survive a walloping by WBA, knocked out the cup by a div 4 side, .......then Millwall away. Don't get me wrong the least painful way out of this, is if Lamberts team come good - but there is a set of results no manager can survive - sadly I think PL is getting pretty close to that. He said more or less the same thing Monday.

Don't know what quotes you're referring to, but the message from the club has been pretty supportive. If they aren't going to back him with funds, they need to at least support him. If they wanted to give the available funds to a different manager they would have replaced him by now. QED Lambert is staying put, and a good thing too IMO.

QPR boss Harry Redknapp confirms he is set to sign Remy and M'vila.

Jammy bastards. Both players more so M'Vila have been linked with top 4 clubs in recent months. QPR must have wages to burn if they managed to sign those two.

Hurry up Villa, sign some quality! You'd think they didn't know the January transfer window was coming...

Don't know what quotes you're referring to, but the message from the club has been pretty supportive. If they aren't going to back him with funds, they need to at least support him. If they wanted to give the available funds to a different manager they would have replaced him by now. QED Lambert is staying put, and a good thing too IMO.

It was something like "I know the score, results must improve and quickly - I know the business I am in "

I am not anti lambert. All I am saying is there are a set of results no manager can survive - and Lamberts closing in on these. I would have thought, his best chance would be a few stop gap signings. These don't appear to be on the horizon.

My favorite thing about the average football fan is their transfer mentality. "I've heard of him. He must be good."

It is why we constantly hear about players like Joey Barton, NRC, ect in this thread.

The reality is there are dozens and dozens of players who are better players and values than the "name" players. It is Lambert's job to find them.

Unfortunately, I am not completely sold on Lambert's ability to spot a player.

Like this post speaks some common sense.

Was a joke re Johnson... he is a fat **** who has pocketed a load of cash for not playing! Fair play...then again he'd get in our midfield

hehe fair enough... a fatso that pockets money, sounds like our guy then after all!

Very concerned now, got a horrible feeling Ol 'Arry is signing some quality at QPR & i bet he keeps them up & we'll go down because Lerner & Lambo didn't sign anyone during this window.

What if Randy had bought QPR instead of Villa, i could see him not sacking Mark Hughes, not investing in the the jan transfer window & wondering why his team got relegated.. scary times ahead.

If Lerner keeps faith with Lambo they have to strengthen this window, i cant believe we would go in the Bradford game without help. do they want to throw it away

QPR are pulling out all the stops in their gamble to stay in the PL and pick up the TV money next year. All or nothing maybe, but they do have massive money behind them that we seem not to have. We may be relying on what we have and maybe pick up another couple of players that no one else thinks they want. It's a gamble as well

So we are now going to get another Man City esque thing with QPR? This Premier league is becoming more & more laughable every year.. Roll on the Championship.. proper football at last. I have no respect whatsoever for Chelsea, Man City, QPR, or any of the other "Plaything" sides in the Prem.. The whole thing is a charade & these sides are protected by the FA too due to their money... Shame the Baggies can't get relegated too.. maybe we could have a "Premier League free zone in the Midlands" in protest or something

Linked is the key word, if they were that good they would have ended up at a top four club and not a relegation candidate that has more money than sense.

Arsenal were close to signing M'Vila and Redknapp has even said he tried and failed to sign him at Spurs.

So we are now going to get another Man City esque thing with QPR? This Premier league is becoming more & more laughable every year.. Roll on the Championship.. proper football at last. I have no respect whatsoever for Chelsea, Man City, QPR, or any of the other "Plaything" sides in the Prem.. The whole thing is a charade & these sides are protected by the FA too due to their money... Shame the Baggies can't get relegated too.. maybe we could have a "Premier League free zone in the Midlands" in protest or something

No, won't happen. If QPR even manage to stay up, there is only so far they can go with their current strategy. With a ground that has such a low capacity, there is only so much revenue they can bring in and add to that the fact that while Fernandes is somewhat rich, he has less than half the wealth even Randy has. IMO, it will get to the point where they will be in dire need of a new very rich owner/investor with oil money, or they will quickly go downhill with deteriorating finances...