January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Reo-coker I think is a decent shout. Free, knows the club and players. Isn't getting paid at the moment, so could work out quite cheap for 5 months.

Barton is on shit loads. But (and I hate myself for saying this) he would improve us. Never going to happen though.And QPR still own him, so would undoubtedly block it.

Ashley Williams - if that is what £8m gets you, I wish I had kept my fitness up!

Whittingham would be OK, but not for that much. Couple of mill tops, not that we could afford that.

Tom Ince - yes. ****' hell - I'd take his dad too over Bannan and Delph!

Karl Henry - if we can't buy better than him for £1m and a bag of chips, I really wish I had kept my fitness up.

Where did you get that from? Clark is 6ft1 and Baker is 6ft2, the only CB we have that's 6ft3+ is Vlaar (Who is injury prone)

I thought I got it from wikipedia. These numbers seem to change. I agree with you now that Clark is not 6'3.

Wiki has Clark at 6'2 (188) and Baker at 6'3 (191).

Whoscored has Baker and Clark at 188.

188 = 6'2.

http://www.miniwebtool.com/cm-to-feet-and-inches-converter/?cm=188

That Football_Consultant account also says we are still in for Lescott, our business is being done quietly and we have much more than is being reported to spend, still in for Coutinho.

It's bullshit. He has tweeted 28 times and has 56 followers. He started tweeting about Liverpool, us and arsenal - obviously only had luck conning our fans and has since only tweeted about Villa. It's bull.

Probably complete toss but thought i'd share it ....

Football_Consultant1@Football_Consu1

Stephen Ireland could be leaving Aston Villa very soon. A bid has been made for him from a London Club. #avfc

If he were happy to forego a "loyalty bonus" I'd happily forgo a transfer fee just to free up his wages.

That Football_Consultant account also says we are still in for Lescott, our business is being done quietly and we have much more than is being reported to spend, still in for Coutinho.

It's bullshit. He has tweeted 28 times and has 56 followers. He started tweeting about Liverpool, us and arsenal - obviously only had luck conning our fans and has since only tweeted about Villa. It's bull.

It's Twitter, its all bull! :)

what about these lot, all realistic targets

joey barton ( nasty little shit, but just what we need) = 30k a week, not sure of transfer fee

ashley williams of swansea = 30k a week, 8mill fee

peter whittingham = 26k a week, 7mill fee

tom ince = 30k a week, 6/7 mill fee

If we buy them Id expect us to go down even more and be - £25m in the process. No way, Apart from Williams the others are championship players at the moment.

He doesn't want to come back... and there's work permit issues apparently....

Who cares what he wants, if we want him back he has no option. Not sure about work permit issue. How can he have if he is on our books

Who cares what he wants, if we want him back he has no option. Not sure about work permit issue. How can he have if he is on our books

According to what?

Pretty sure it was Nursey or Kendrick who posted he didn't want to come back apparently and there was something with WP's, might be wrong though.

Pretty sure it was Nursey or Kendrick who posted he didn't want to come back apparently and there was something with WP's, might be wrong though.

Can't see how he would have Wp issues. I'd take him back anyway, all Ahmadi being away at African cup