January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

If Bennett & Lowton are fit, don't think we will see much of Lichaj. I was sitting close to the pitch v wigan - he looked extremley nervous - even before kick off. - that said Bennett IMO doesn't look ready to play week in week out yet

Indeed Well Lichaj's contracts up this summer??? (iirc) and I'd guess at Cavanda could possibly play winger too...

RB/LB, Fast (Very very very), young and playing pretty good when called upon for Lazio.... I would rather have him than Lichaj if I'm being honest... Lichaj doesn't fill me with confidence!

http://en.wikipedia....s_Pedro_Cavanda

Also he has Awesome hair!!!

Cavanda.jpg

If rather have you than Lichaj.

Heck I'd rather have Warnock.

I think we should take this young individual and develop him to be another great player.

How much do you recon Lazio would sell for? And why would they want to sell anyway? (don't know to much about Lazio at the moment)

I think we should take this young individual and develop him to be another great player.

How much do you recon Lazio would sell for? And why would they want to sell anyway? (don't know to much about Lazio at the moment)

Same mate I'd be very happy with us bringing him in, maybe something in the region of 3-5m? Then of course there's the obligatory add-ons.

Lazio are pretty good atm, and have been for a few years now.

They are a great club in many ways, but they are not and have never been a very nice club to play for when you are black. Fascism and racism is a natural part of the club.

Could be why he'd would wan't to move?

Not exactly gospel but Transfermarkt says he can play across the back four, and you have to think if he is a rapid attacking fullback then he could play on either wing too. A versatile utility man to say the least.

I love Matt Lowton and wouldn't want to piss him off as he's looked very much a Mr Consistent for us, which is fantastic at RB (which by the looks of it is Cavanda's natural position). Basically I really think Lowton could be our Leighton Baines (at Right Back). Cavanda could be a great option to fill at Left back for the moment and to have Bennett, Lowton and Cavanda fighting for the two fullback spots can only be good for us. (Personally dont think Lichaj or Stevens will make it with us).

Really need an experienced centre back over another youthful inexperienced fullback though

Said this last week and ill say it again...

We can forget about any big names signing in january for sure...

What kind of quality player wants to sign to a contract with a clause written into it with a potential 50% pay cut involved if we get relegated!

Saying that though it wouldnt suprise me if our astute chairman & CEO have forgot to implement it in the latest contracts!..

What kind of quality player wants to sign to a contract with a clause written into it with a potential 50% pay cut involved if we get relegated!

Saying that though it wouldnt suprise me if our astute chairman & CEO have forgot to implement it in the latest contracts!..

Is it not common practice for all teams to have relegation clauses anyway? Doesn't matter when the contract is signed, relegation is always a possibility.

They could then also request a Transfer Trigger Clause if relegated of 2m. Then another premier league club will pick them up if they are good enough to earn the money.

Edited by PieFacE

I've just read that Matt Law Twitter thing. Matt Law comes of so much better then anyone replying to him. It's kinda pathetic and slightly embarrassing.

" I woudn't get too near Gabby for a little while that's for sure next time your at Villa Park"

Yeah, Gabby really gives a shit about Matt Law.

Anyway, let's get some transfers done.

Edited by PieFacE

What the hell is all this about? What's happened? Somebody give me the low down, I've got FOMO!!

Matt Law said Villa are in trouble if we get relegated 'cos players do not have relegation clauses in their contracts.

He then got hounded with Twitter messages from Villa fans for reason I cannot understand.

Tha'ts largely it, some people just made themselves look very stupid when hounding him with messages.

But all this has very little to do with potential transfers so god knows how it got into this thread.

Edited by PieFacE