January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Quite a few of those are bloody terrible :P

I didn't say they were all Gods :)

Personally, I'd be happy with Djourou and Rosicky to strengthen our defence and midfield.

and maybe Benayoun and Naughton (though Lowton is doing well, so he's not really necessary)

If we start relying on loan players then we really are ****.

you're right, if we're not careful we'll be battling relegation for months

Edited by AXD
  • Like 1

I didn't say they were all Gods :)

Personally, I'd be happy with Djourou and Rosicky to strengthen our defence and midfield.

and maybe Benayoun and Naughton (though Lowton is doing well, so he's not really necessary)

you're right, if we're not careful we'll be battling relegation for months

I'd love Rosicky, he's a quality Cm who can dictate play very well but tbh I don't think Arsenal would sell...

Benyoun is injured atm, oh and he has also been at West Ham since the start of the season.

Im happy to loan in one player, but thats it. We need players who are going to fight for us, you hear about the hunger that PL wants players to have whilst at the villa.

Will any of those have any hunger or desire to really fight for Aston Villa.

Personally I cant see it. They may well want to play games, but would they want to do it where they have to fight tooth and nail?

Djourou is pretty poor, there are plenty of defenders our there to sign and hopefully we will sign one, but to loan Djourou would hack me off. Think he is off some where in Germany.

@ Hippo where did you see the Trotter quote?

aubameyang would be a superb signing. Exactly what we need upfront. Aubameyang and Gabby either side of Benteke would frighten the living shit out of defenders. He looks quicker than Gabby with a better finish.

What do we reakon to this

-----------Guzan

----Baker----Vlaar---Clark

Lowton---------------Bennett

------------Raul Loe

------Westwood

------------Stephens

----Benteke----Weimann

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Frimpong has been poor for Charlton apparently. Not the same player he was prior to injury.

I've heard this. Also, I read that Stephens goes missing quite regularly.

There's an ex-scout who posts on a Charlton forum I read and he (amongst others) haven't rated Stephens this season.

Whether these people should be believed is another matter, but if he was such a performer for them, then I doubt any fans would need to raise a critical thread about him.

Scott Parker please. He'd be immense in our midfield and would be an excellent leader for the kids. Assuming he's nearing fitness of course.