Ashley Young

maqroll

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Don't know how he keeps on playing 90s game after game. Unreal fitness at an age where everything becomes harder. Playing against oppnents that could easily be his kids.  . 

I dunno, I think questions would need to be asked if Anthony Gordon turned out to be Ash’s son! 🤣

In all seriousness though just phenomenal, I kinda hope the players all vote him players player of the season because his contribution is just unreal.

He came back out to the pitch after the crowds had gone to play football with his kids and you could see him on occasion just looking around at the holte and taking it all in.

He's reached the point in his career where he's just loving every second and he's incredible for bringing the team together.  You'll often see him once celebrations have finished pumping the goal scorer up and just being really involved.

I adore the guy.

• Like 3

Imagine arriving at the ground on Saturday and social media reminds you of post you made about him, 12 years ago to the day winning that penalty, Ashley I apologise never really meant that cruel word.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He came back out to the pitch after the crowds had gone to play football with his kids and you could see him on occasion just looking around at the holte and taking it all in.

He's reached the point in his career where he's just loving every second and he's incredible for bringing the team together.  You'll often see him once celebrations have finished pumping the goal scorer up and just being really involved.

I adore the guy.

Loved that after JJ's goal he was in his ear whispering something, probably about what a great goal or something. 

After they third goal (where all the players were beckoning over the subs to join the celebration) as they were walking away he turned, gave Traore a big stare then grabbed his head and rubbed his hair. 

You probably forget what a senior figure he is.  England Veteran. Played for and won championships at some of the biggest clubs on the planet. 

In a way to us he's probably still that young green winger but players will probably be a little on awe of him. I think he realises that and uses it to lift the players. 

Coaching position when the playing ends please Villa. 

Edited by sidcow

Really for virtually all of the second half of his career, he has not been an automatic first-choice at United, Inter, and Villa again. It shows his qualities that he has persuaded many incoming new managers to change their minds and extend his contract.  I can't think of many players to completely re-invent your style of play and continue to play at the highest level for both club and country.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I unfortunately dont think he will get a extension even though he prob deserves one 

In terms of pure football and pace and youth we could easily replace him. But he is one iof those that managers love. Kind of a supervisor . Keeps everyones spirits up. He gives us so much more than just what he does on the pitch. We should carry on giving him a contract until he cannot do it anymore. He is that important 

No reason not to extend his contract at this rate, sure he may drop off next year but we can worry about that then with a one year extension.

Not much you can add to what’s already been stated, he just seems a massive influence on the squad in almost all aspects, a vital presence.

On 16/04/2023 at 20:50, Xela said:

He's massively surprised me in how good he still is. Deserves another 12 months.

On 17/04/2023 at 14:53, duke313 said:

Hope he gets another year, we will need his European experience for the Euro campaign next season 

Just came to post the same thing. He has been superb since his return to Villa.

I really hope we do give him another 12 months. I dare say he would literally be happy to play in any position offered to him too. The experience he has alone is priceless.

Get it done Villa.

• Like 2

Good and all as he has been, a world class RB has to be our number one priority in transfer window.  Utd targeted him every chance they got in first half.  Guy who is coming 38 can’t be our RB next season 

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Good and all as he has been, a world class RB has to be our number one priority in transfer window.  Utd targeted him every chance they got in first half.  Guy who is coming 38 can’t be our RB next season 

World class?

• 2 weeks later...

Page 3 for Old Man Young?

Just posted this in the Match Thread ratings:

"What about Ashley Young, he's a machine. 28 appearances in the PL this season and should Villa get Europe I'd keep him for his experience even if next season he plays 10 in the PL and 4 in Europe for example."

• Like 2

Â