Ashley Young

maqroll

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I was talking to a random Villa fan earlier and we both agreed Young vs Everton was one of the best recent moments in Villa history

That's how bad we have been but also how good Young has been

I dont think ive ever gonna as  razy as "that" goal. Man was unbelievable 

• Like 1

Such a good player and a dream for the manager. Left back, right back, left mid, right mid. Doesn’t matter. You play him, and he performs every.single.match.

Probably one of my favourite ever Villa players. As good as he is as a fullback, nothing will beat that feeling when he played left wing for us and he squared his defender up to run at him. It got Villa park to its feet because you knew something was about to happen.

What a career. What a man. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ash youngs a dream. I still stand by it he is close to legendary status for both stints at oue club.

Players rarely go back and have a 2nd successful stint at the club. Look at how its ended for ronaldo at utd for example. For young to be as good as he has at 37 is incredible 

• Like 1

One player I could never bring myself to hate even when he was at ManU. Met him once with my nephew who was about 7 at the time. He gave him so much time and was a really lovely bloke. His recent performances have exceeded expectations and you just know he's a great guy to have in the dressing room. I hope we find a role for him when he finally hangs up his boots in 2030.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Poor defensively across the board against Liverpool. Wayward positioning, didn’t win a lot of his duels, and just not switched on. 

Between Young and Digne, opponents getting a lot of joy from them. 

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Poor defensively across the board against Liverpool. Wayward positioning, didn’t win a lot of his duels, and just not switched on. 

Between Young and Digne, opponents getting a lot of joy from them. 

I dont like him at rb. He is a lot better at lb. Lets not forget this man is 37 and hos job was always going to be very hard against liverpools front three. Odd that cash was benched for this one.  I expect cash back in for spurs. It wouldnt suprise me if emery looked at rb in summer

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I dint care if i get laughed at he is on legendary status for me.

A 37 year old performing like this is unreal

I’m leaning towards legend.

Because the world now loves random stats, he has now played more premier league games for Villa than any other club. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 4

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dint care if i get laughed at he is on legendary status for me.

A 37 year old performing like this is unreal

Every time I see videos from BH he seems to be at the heart of everything in training too.  He seems to be having a great influence on the team / squad on and off the pitch.

Â