Nuisance Cats

GarethRDR

So, now that I have a garden I have inherited the common problem of neighboring cats using it as their personal shit box. I do have a rather powerful BB rifle that I'd like to use as a deterrent, but the missus is a cat person and any Rambo-esque feline wetwork would not go down well (I did proffer the more sporting alternative of going mano-a-mano with the cat, sneaking up behind it and snapping it's neck à la Solid Snake but this is also apparently unamenable... women, eh?). So does anyone have any suggestions? Before some smartarse *cough* The_Rev *cough* pulls a 'LMGTFY', I will state that Google searches I have carried out thus far have yielded results based solely on hearsay and conjecture surrounding the "success" (or lack thereof) of snake-oil remedies. I need solutions. I need VT. Now fact me 'til I fart.

How about Cat Away

Don't know what it is, never used it, don't want to, don't know if it works. I invite call Cats into my garden. I don't have many visitors anymore though, as I used to run/walk to them and try and pick them up and squeeze them and hug them and kiss them, but theyve decided they don't like that much anymore. So if the above fails, have your girf try and love all the cats who approach your abode

How about Cat Away

Don't know what it is, never used it, don't want to, don't know if it works. I invite call Cats into my garden. I don't have many visitors anymore though, as I used to run/walk to them and try and pick them up and squeeze them and hug them and kiss them, but theyve decided they don't like that much anymore. So if the above fails, have your girf try and love all the cats who approach your abode

bad_photographs_that_640_30.jpg

Gareth, your only answer is to get a cat.

That way, no cats will ever come into your garden (assuming your cat is 'the man') and your cat may even return the favour back to your neighbour's gardens.

I say this with no amount of jest, it is a sure fire way to resolve the problem.

Gareth, your only answer is to get a cat.

That way, no cats will ever come into your garden (assuming your cat is 'the man') and your cat may even return the favour back to your neighbour's gardens.

I say this with no amount of jest, it is a sure fire way to resolve the problem.

I was going to suggest that. Of course, you do still get cat shit in your garden, but only from one cat (assuming your cat is a sufficiently tough enforcer).

My missus does all the gardening at our house, and despite the fact that we have a cat (and still a number of visiting ones, as he's a bit of a wimp), she doesn't think that cat shit is a problem at all.

Â