Nuisance Cats

GarethRDR

I was going to suggest that. Of course, you do still get cat shit in your garden, but only from one cat (assuming your cat is a sufficiently tough enforcer).

My missus does all the gardening at our house, and despite the fact that we have a cat (and still a number of visiting ones, as he's a bit of a wimp), she doesn't think that cat shit is a problem at all.

That's an eye opener, my cats won't crap anywhere near their own garden.

I've got two of them, and have never found a trace of the stuff in my patch.

They'll scratch the merry hell out of the sofa, but crap in the garden, they will not.

• Like 1

One of my neighbours has installed a prison wall-esque row of spikes on top of his fence, presumably in order to keep cats out. For whatever reason, my cats seem to favour crapping in his garden.

This amuses me greatly.

The lesson of the story, Gareth, is that nothing will stop cats from crapping in your garden. Your efforts will only act as a red flag would do to a bull.

My gf had the same problem in her garden. We tried all the recommended remedies - tea, orange peel, the lot.

Nothing we did had any effect.

Then I installed the below in their crapping corner and they've not been back since.

sportline-12ft-x-6ft-goal.jpg

I feel your pain Gareth. I **** hate cats, and my unemployed next door neighbours have got four of them. It was five, but I found one of them stone cold dead on my front doorstep back in January. There's ten houses in our street and nobody else owns a cat. These four cats reek havoc on the cul-de-sac however. They fight all night in the street, squealing and crying at all hours of the night. They're not fighting with other cats, it's always between themselves. Then there's the shit.

I've tried most things to get rid of these soulless monsters but I'm still shovelling pound after pound of shit every week. At present,this is my back garden:

Dsc_0207.jpg

Dsc_0208.jpg

I've got pepper powder and garlic flakes down around the shrubs, empty plastic bottles - half filled with water - and windmills - the sort you buy for kids at the beach. I've also got a couple of 'Cat Repellers' from B&Q at £40 a piece. So far this week they have shat up the back of the shrubs a couple of times, which is a massive improvement on the last few weeks. There's a couple of shits in the alleys up the sides of the house. I also had a problem with slugs but they've all **** off now. This is my arsenal:

Dsc_0209.jpg

My front garden is a similar situation. I have a gravel track round the front of the house, which has been there since it was built. I've cut down a 4' high and 4' thick privet hedge and turfed over where it once stood, blocking the light from my living room window. So an open space with short grass, windmills, another Cat Repeller and more garlic flakes cannot prevent my patch the great Torridge cat shithouse.

Dsc_0210.jpg

The cats were not so much a problem until about three months ago. The odd lawn cigar wouldn't be so bad if it was isolated but it's just ridiculous now. In the last fortnight I've picked up something in the region of 40 piles of shit. This isn't normal, this is **** disgusting. My biggest concern is that my girlfriend's nephews (aged 1 and 3) can't step foot on either of our lawns as they are a constant faecal health hazard. **** the cats, the health of these children is far more important to me than some selfish, ungrateful four-legged shitbags.

There's only one thing I have found that gets rid of the cats, and that is squirting them with something. At the moment it's water, but if they don't find somewhere else to shit, it's going to have hints of lemon cordial added to it soon.

There's only one thing I have found that gets rid of the cats, and that is squirting them with something. At the moment it's water, but if they don't find somewhere else to shit, it's going to have hints of lemon cordial added to it soon.

jb0tz.jpg

• Like 1

Dsc_0210.jpg

Tbf you do appear to have used cat litter to decorate your edging so maybe the cats jus think you've created a giant toilet for them :-)

Have you tried some tin foil on a stick , cats hate it and it works as a scratch deterrent on furniture maybe the sound of it blowing in the wind would keep them away ?

Apparently orange peels work a treat....but side effect being that this will attract a few rats.

Orange peel does next to nothing. They shat right next to it. Squirting them with lemon juice. That'll do it.

My biggest concern is that my girlfriend's nephews (aged 1 and 3) can't step foot on either of our lawns as they are a constant faecal health hazard.
I'd scoop all the catshit up and deposit in the cat owner's garden.

Â