October Optimism Gauge

maqroll

This topsy turvy stuff isn't good for the blood pressure, but it beats the piss out of last year!

A spanking by Soton followed by a thrashing of Man City followed by a tooth and nail point at home vs WBA.

It all leaves me wondering what's gonna happen next? :lol:

It really is trial by fire for the youngsters, and so far they're passing the test.

The spirit and belief is there, now we just need a run of wins to move up the table.

Swindon will not be pushovers, but I expect to win that one.

7/10

We've had an easy run of fixtures to start the season and haven't managed to get the points on the board yet. Now the fixtures start to get tougher.

I do think we will stay up but I wouldn't say I was full of optimism at this time. If we can manage to get back to back league wins at some point this season I will feel a lot better I think.

With nominal cash in todays terms - and six games in - we are hanging in there ...

Theres scope for these players to improve. I do fear for Benteke - but pretty confident we are moving in the right direction and optimstic for the future.

Rating 7.

playing better as they grow. We've got tougher sides but also we'll be better too. I'm not worried about relegation, just got to remember it's going to be frustratingly inconsistent for another couple of months.

As I wrote in ratings thread, I think games against Fulham away, Norwich home and Sunderland away are all winnable and we should get 4-6 points from them. Tottenham is tougher and draw against them would be good result.

Loving this season.

I get excited by the amount of effort the players put in. It compensates for the lack of skill compared to previous seasons.

I'd be happy with bottom half whilst being mathematically safe within 4 weeks of the end of the season.

I'm not expecting Benteke to set the Prem alight with natural finishing but think he'll turn out to be a useful physical presence up there. I'm sure Lambert will train him to link up play and hold the ball up better.

Despite being at fault for the goal, I'm excited by Vlaar.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm excited.

I reckon we will pick up 5-7 points from the Spurs, Fulham and Norwich games; should beat Swindon too, and I would class that as a successful month. The end of the month will be a good time to take stock. Just wish there wasn't another bloody international break in the middle of it.

I'm optimistic for the future rather than just for October - I'm perfectly happy that there will be good times and bad times as the side is formed but I've got a lot of time for Lambert and trust that he'll get the job done.

very optimistic, as i was for september. progress is being made, and we'll reap the rewards in time. for now it'll be the usual unpredictability. the doom and gloom mongers worried about our tough run of games need remember that we're as likely to go out and beat a top team as we are to go out and beat one of the poorer ones

Its been a very poor start to the season, the midfield is still very very weak and the back line of Lowton, Clark, Vlaar and Bennett/Lichaj looks like it will concede goals.

So far we have played West Ham,Everton,Newcastle,Swansea,Southampton and WBA and only managed to pick up 5 points which is fairly pathetic and the performances against Everton and Southampton were soem of the worst I have ever seen. All of the stronger teams we are yet to face so languishing in about 15th/16th is about as good as its going to get. We will struggle just as much as last year.Also Lamberts tactics and selections at times are baffling to say the least.

Defeat at Spurs, usual point at Craven Cottage and a win at Norwich (trouble if there isn't as they are woeful). And a narrow win at Swindon.

That would take us to 9 points and would keep us above the relegation zone. The only trouble is the next 4 are Sunderland, Man. United, Man. City, Arsenal...

Â