October Optimism Gauge

maqroll

I'm optimistic for the future but slightly worried. But only slightly. I feel we'll lose to Spurs and Fulham away. But beat Norwich at home. I feel we'll be right down there come christmas, but we'll start picking up more points from January onwards....

Optimistic long term but can see nothing but relegation worry this year.
I think it will be a worry up to about February next year, but I then expect it to slowly go away...

I think it will be a worry up to about February next year, but I then expect it to slowly go away...

The January transfer window could certainly help ease those worries.

With the TV money going up next year no club will want to be relegated this season. So January will be extremely interesting for the clubs near the bottom, as I can see quite a huge spending spree happening, and I hope we don't get left behind if that's the case.

Spurs are the team that wins 3 in a row (including a historic win at Old Trafford), then go and lose at home to a team they expect to beat. I would not be surprised if we went to WHL and got all 3 points. So yeah, I'm optimistic :D.

it is going to be a while until we have enough consistency to provide any optimism, our side screams of youth and inexperience meaning we could get hammered on any given week. It may take some heavy defeats before our lightweight back four have enough guile and experience to actually keep a clean sheet regularly.

I think we have enough talent in midfield and attack to be able to create and score goals, although that is dependent on injuries and Darren Bent not throwing a total strop. However I have no confidence in our defence. Vlaar is good but not invincible, Lowton, Bennett, Lichaj and Clark are all good and getting better but they are all very young and inexperienced and will make errors that will cost us a lot of matches.

Not if he brings in lower league players again.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be interested to see what people say in the November thread. I for one am not optimistic at all. Lose against Norwich and we could be adrift at the bottom come the end of November.

Lambert has had an awful start to his career here so far (it could be a quite short career if things carry on the way they are). If he can turn it around then fair enough, but I'm a bit concerned we are already in the shit.

I'd be interested to see what people say in the November thread. I for one am not optimistic at all. Lose against Norwich and we could be adrift at the bottom come the end of November.

Lambert has had an awful start to his career here so far (it could be a quite short career if things carry on the way they are). If he can turn it around then fair enough, but I'm a bit concerned we are already in the shit.

I dont think Lerner would have the balls to change it, or the know how.

With our present squad we'll be relegated. I am in no doubt of that but we'll probably invest heavily in January which might just save us. Either way I am still very concerned about our Premiership safety.

With our present squad we'll be relegated. I am in no doubt of that but we'll probably invest heavily in January which might just save us. Either way I am still very concerned about our Premiership safety.

I think Lambert will try and move out the higher earners like bent, ireland, nzogbia, dunne, warnock, hutton and given and replace them with more gems from holland, the championship and league one and then take us the same way as nottingham forest

Got to say not as optimistic as I was. That said the squad needed a rebuild - on nominal finances. I think around 80% of this forum thought that players from the lower leagues, players from abroad - were the way forward.

The alternative would have been to buy perhaps 2 experienced prem players ??

As a club - Lamberts approach is the only sustainable way forward. If it doesn't work I don't know where we go from here.

Hmmm, interesting Smetrov... I think if it back fires on us, we'll do a Coventry... They lost again the other night in League 1...

But let's not lose heart yet... There's a lot more fighting to do, and this season, I have seen more of that than at any time in the previous two seasons. Mr Lambert will do fine (says I, sweeping my hand right to left, Jedi style).

Hmmm, interesting Smetrov... I think if it back fires on us, we'll do a Coventry... They lost again the other night in League 1...

But let's not lose heart yet... There's a lot more fighting to do, and this season, I have seen more of that than at any time in the previous two seasons. Mr Lambert will do fine (says I, sweeping my hand right to left, Jedi style).

Ive got to say in the games ive seen this season, there been a massive improvement over last season - that said still not good enough. I am worried that we seem to be slipping back into a tepid style of play - creating 2 or 3 chances per game.................and mostly missing them

I think Lambert will try and move out the higher earners like bent, ireland, nzogbia, dunne, warnock, hutton and given and replace them with more gems from holland, the championship and league one and then take us the same way as nottingham forest

To win the European cup twice? I think you're being a little optimistic there chief.

Â