Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

It would inevitably turn into a disaster within a year if Gerrard went to Leeds but if he started off well (not out of the realms of possibility), we'll have to put up with another round of media praise, how Villa treated him harshly and how his foundations were what led to Emery leading us into Europe etc

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It would inevitably turn into a disaster within a year if Gerrard went to Leeds but if he started off well (not out of the realms of possibility), we'll have to put up with another round of media praise, how Villa treated him harshly and how his foundations were what led to Emery leading us into Europe etc

Give it 5 games and Liam Cooper dropped for not looking him in the eye and having his midfielders play as false full backs

Leeds be better off hiring Bruce 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Give it 5 games and Liam Cooper dropped for not looking him in the eye and having his midfielders play as false full backs

Leeds be better off hiring Bruce 😂

Leeds be better off hiring the cleaning lady,but........... Who wants them to be better off?

IMHO they deserve SG

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I think most of the media realise now what a terrible job he did here. Even Danny Murphy on TS gave up defending him around April when we went on that mass winning run.

Shame Souness left TS as start of season he was another who was going "what do Villa fans expect" although he was also claiming he didn't know Gerrard so couldn't really comment on him.

I imagine he'll be back doing England punditry on C4 later this month so that's a decent gig for him rest of the year.

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think most of the media realise now what a terrible job he did here. Even Danny Murphy on TS gave up defending him around April when we went on that mass winning run.

Shame Souness left TS as start of season he was another who was going "what do Villa fans expect" although he was also claiming he didn't know Gerrard so couldn't really comment on him.

I imagine he'll be back doing England punditry on C4 later this month so that's a decent gig for him rest of the year.

He will be all over the coverage of the final next week. Am betting they won't be able to go 2 minutes into it without mentioning 2005 final

19 hours ago, Mantis said:

I doubt any pundit can say we treated him badly because unai not only did significantly better than gerrard, he delivered europe on less money and gerrards team. Gerrrad would never have achieved that.

Maybe Gerrrad might do ok in championship? Will his ego let him take a job at that level though?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I doubt any pundit can say we treated him badly because unai not only did significantly better than gerrard, he delivered europe on less money and gerrards team. Gerrrad would never have achieved that.

Maybe Gerrrad might do ok in championship? Will his ego let him take a job at that level though?

He absolutely would not, especially not with a club in a state like Leeds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

He absolutely would not, especially not with a club in a state like Leeds.

I dont think they are in that bad a way. Yes PL they look crap but alot of their players will be very good in championship. If rodrigo bamford or gnoto stay can see them being very good at that level

49 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If he's not on the wind-up, that is such a funny post. There's just air between his ears.

It is 100% a wind-up as the replies make clear, but to be fair it made me LOL. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah so shit we couldn’t beat a ten man Leeds side under gerrard but same players managed to beat Man Utd, Chelsea, spurs and Brighton twice, hammered Newcastle at home and of course beat the mighty Leeds under Emery. But I agree gerrard was superb at Villa the players let him down but at Leeds would be a perfect fit for there vision 😜

On 10/06/2023 at 07:30, Tegis said:

£170M for just over half of Leeds. Obscenely overpriced given they could be stuck in Championship for some time. 

Radrizzani paid £44M for the entire club in 2017

Edited by Dale

Â