Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

34 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Their defence is still going to massively struggle next season.

Removing Ayling and Firpo from the team will probably save them 20 goals already 

22 minutes ago, a m ole said:

That’s unusual, are they ok?

Owners don't have a choice. Buy 4/5 first team players or for certain they will go down next season. Both Bournemouth and Fulham have PL experience and will push the 35 point mark in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Owners don't have a choice. Buy 4/5 first team players or for certain they will go down next season. Both Bournemouth and Fulham have PL experience and will push the 35 point mark in my opinion. 

I’m joking about Leeds being quiet 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Leeds going about their business quietly. On paper looks like some smart signings

If they keep ahold of phllips and raphina i think they will be ok next season 

They don't look like awful signings, but I also think they've got little to no chance of keeping Phillips and/or Raphinha.

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They don't look like awful signings, but I also think they've got little to no chance of keeping Phillips and/or Raphinha.

If city want phillips he will go just like grealish did.

As for raphina he seems to be generating alot of interest too. Leeds could well fetch over 100m for those two which will help them massively investing in the squad as its mainly poor

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If city want phillips he will go just like grealish did.

As for raphina he seems to be generating alot of interest too. Leeds could well fetch over 100m for those two which will help them massively investing in the squad as its mainly poor

Yeah, the pot of money will be useful, but the job replacing those two will be pretty massive. We could see how they played without Phillips last season (and it wasn't pretty) and Raphinha is a lot of attacking output that needs to be replaced. Money is good, but unless it can be turned into players who win matches they'll be in trouble from the start of the season. As you say, the squad is mostly very poor otherwise.

Despite the signings they've made, if the season started to tomorrow they would still be liable to struggle, midfield is still poor in terms of quality and numbers and that's regardless of whether Phillips stays or not, Bamford their only striker other than U23 players, and could be argued they need to strengthen their central defence given how many goals they conceded last season.

They probably need another five or so signings in addition to the ones they've already made, it's not ideal bringing in that many in one go, but like us when first promoted I'm not sure they have much choice, as would be asking for trouble if they go into another season with only Phillips and Roca as the only Premier League quality central midfielders, Bamford as the only centre-forward, and still giving considerable amount of game time to the likes of Ayling, Dallas, Cooper, Foreshaw, Klich, Roberts and so on.

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Despite the signings they've made, if the season started to tomorrow they would still be liable to struggle, midfield is still poor in terms of quality and numbers and that's regardless of whether Phillips stays or not, Bamford their only striker other than U23 players, and could be argued they need to strengthen their central defence given how many goals they conceded last season.

They probably need another five or so signings in addition to the ones they've already made, it's not ideal bringing in that many in one go, but like us when first promoted I'm not sure they have much choice, as would be asking for trouble if they go into another season with only Phillips and Roca as the only Premier League quality central midfielders, Bamford as the only centre-forward, and still giving considerable amount of game time to the likes of Ayling, Dallas, Cooper, Foreshaw, Klich, Roberts and so on.

Goalkeeper is also very hit and miss - can pull off from some great saves whilst the next minute have a rush of blood and get caught out of position. The squad is still fundamentally for its spine Championship quality.

I’ll be genuinely interested in how they do with a rebuilt squad, in the same way people were probably interested in how we did after spending loads. But, it’s worth remembering they still have a big job to even become a midtable team.

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, the pot of money will be useful, but the job replacing those two will be pretty massive. We could see how they played without Phillips last season (and it wasn't pretty) and Raphinha is a lot of attacking output that needs to be replaced. Money is good, but unless it can be turned into players who win matches they'll be in trouble from the start of the season. As you say, the squad is mostly very poor otherwise.

Well, if they sell Phillips for big money (which they will if it's ManCity), they will be able to replace someone who didn't play for most of the season. Everyone coming in is then on top of their horrible team that barely escaped relagation. To me, that's them adding to their squad and therefore improving.

1 hour ago, AXD said:

Well, if they sell Phillips for big money (which they will if it's ManCity), they will be able to replace someone who didn't play for most of the season. Everyone coming in is then on top of their horrible team that barely escaped relagation. To me, that's them adding to their squad and therefore improving.

The problem is as we have found that area is very difficult to replace. So if phillips comes its going to be very hard for them to replace him.

That position is so critical in the team

• Like 1

If by some miracle we keep our current players we've done great business so far. Replaced the comedy defending of Ayling, got a proper CM to help out Phillips and a genuinely coveted by the world young AM.

If we lose them its very different. Not sure replacing Raphinha would be the problem as we've so many other areas that are problems the money would be decent and I think switching Harrison to the right wouldn't be the worst idea anyway.

Be curious how replacing CM goes as top ones are obviously very hard to come by

Edited by Rino8

On 20/06/2022 at 12:29, Wainy316 said:

Looks like Raphinha is off to  the Arse

Be a bit of a coup for them to be honest.

Obviously it's a huge step up from Leeds, but I'd have thought he'd go to a bigger club than Arsenal

Â