Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd have them as slight favorites to go down now, essentially two teams have the power to relegate them this weekend, Brentford with a win, or Burnley if they win. Horrible situation for them as it's not even as if it's in their own hands as even if they win they're still not guaranteed safety.

They're more than slight favourites to go down. As you say, simply, Burnley win and Leeds are down, Leeds lose and they're down etc. They have very little say in it all other than aiming for a win and hoping.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Going down on GD would be so funny, I like Bielsa more than most on this forum but pretty sure they lost his last four games by combined score of 16-0. Plus they got trashed a few times over xmas.

So that's a funny legacy to leave.

Think Brentford will beat them anyway.

Only thing funnier would be Newcastle putting 15 past Burnley and then Leeds still going down on goal difference 😂

If it wasn't for Bielsa they wouldn't have been anywhere near promotion in the first place, they would have been relegated under most managers last season with their squad never mind finishing top half, and I think they would have had a better chance of staying up if they'd have kept him this season.

Marsch hasn't been a great appointment, the football has been poor under him, for some bizzare reason is playing their most dangerous attacker as a right-wing-back, and probably not doing himself any favors by coming out with things like how he uses inspirational quotes from people like Gandhi and Mother Theresa to inspire the players

12 minutes ago, turvontour said:

They're more than slight favourites to go down. As you say, simply, Burnley win and Leeds are down, Leeds lose and they're down etc. They have very little say in it all other than aiming for a win and hoping.

They are massive favourites to go down, they are away, Burnley are at home, Burnley are a point ahead with an uncatchable goal difference. 

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They are massive favourites to go down, they are away, Burnley are at home, Burnley are a point ahead with an uncatchable goal difference. 

Yeah, Leeds have to get a draw or win. They have to do better than whatever Burnley do.

Whereas Burnley can lose and still stay up.

I remarked Leeds are 'slight favorites' to down, because them drawing with Brentford and Burnley losing to Newcastle is hardly the most improbable set of results, could easily happen.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, useless said:

I remarked Leeds are 'slight favorites' to down, because them drawing with Brentford and Burnley losing to Newcastle is hardly the most improbable set of results, could easily happen.

After seeing the Newcastle-Arsenal game, the possibility of Newcastle winning against Burnley should be about 90%.

I think Burnley have a better chance of beating Newcastle than Leeds have of beating Brentford, but both games could go either way. If Brentford are motivated to win, then I think there's a good chance they will beat Leeds and it won't really matter what happens in the Burnley game.

37 minutes ago, useless said:

If you put £100 on leeds to go down and they do, the bookies will give you £40.

If you put £100 on burnley to go down and they do, the bookies will give you £200.

That's the slight difference.

Their forums must be going into metdown slating us 😂

Tbh they have the easier game of the two. Newcastle is a much tougher game. I think leeds get a point and burnley lose and stay up by a point. 

If only smith held on at bellened road instead of goubg for a winner. Leeds would be fecked

• Like 1

Out of interest does anyone know from their average starting 11 / 18 how many of them were championship players at Leeds? 

We're down to mings, mcginn, Hause, 2 starters 1 sub (?) 

Leeds feel like they're still at around 6 or 7 starters 

52 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

We really must be an anomaly how we so drastically improved in the second season vs most promoted teams, who usually drop or are very close to.

We dropped a shed load of money tbf. Leeds lack of investment be it board or Bielsa is criminal. They have mid table champo players turning out still

Â