Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

12 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Crazy how the rivalry between us started in the championship, They hate us with a passion and tbh I cant stand them my brother in law is a leeds fan and I cannot stan him either! When/If crowds are back in full capacity I can see it being as almost a derby match, bigger than baggies and dingles

I don't think there is much of a rivalry.

A lot of Villa fans are still mad about Bamford/Jansson from when we played last and that's fine, but for us its not that deep. Our automatic push was already dead then and this was just a cumulation of all our frustrations after being so comfortably ahead of the pack 2 months prior.

The bit extra is more down to finally having a club of similar stature in the league than anything inparticular towards Villa. When you've gone from your main rivals being Utd and Chelsea to Barnsley and Sheffield its a lot less exciting. You lot coming down was a good chance to have some fun with a bigger club but now were back in the prem its not that different to any other game.

Leeds hate everybody/everybody hates Leeds half the clubs in the championship will feel as Villa fans do towards us

• Like 1

McNulty thinks Leeds will come 11th. I think that's a tad optimistic.  If they play the same as have done in the Championship they could get found  out. Shef Utd have a much more awkard style which prem clubs were not used to. Leeds just play the same as a lot of decent prem sides, but with a lot worse players.

58 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

McNulty thinks Leeds will come 11th. I think that's a tad optimistic.  If they play the same as have done in the Championship they could get found  out. Shef Utd have a much more awkard style which prem clubs were not used to. Leeds just play the same as a lot of decent prem sides, but with a lot worse players.

A lot of people have them up around there. Bookies, tipsters and of course the shitty shitty pundits.

I think they'll be 15th at worst.

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

A lot of people have them up around there. Bookies, tipsters and of course the shitty shitty pundits.

I think they'll be 15th at worst.

Hmm  I think they might struggle a bit. They will lose the home advantage from Elland Road for a large chunk of the season. Bielsea tends to go stale at a club after about 3 seasons. I just think the type of game they play could be picked off quite easily in the prem when compared to the championship. We will see.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The Sky Sports Leeds wankfest is in full flow.

Its both boring and annoying, same as the club.

Just like with Liverpool, they appear to be pushing that Leeds should be everyones favourite other team, that all neutrals should be overjoyed that they are 'back where they belong'.

They can **** off.

• Like 4

It’s hard to tell what they will do.

Bielsa has them playing a style that would give any side a difficult game.I think they have been the best championship side for three consecutive seasons.

If you ask me they will be ok.They will claim big scalps (definitely Utd) and get the fans a bit excited but inevitably fail to keep it up over the whole season.

If the fans are back towards the end of the season and they are in the relegation shake up then watch the wheels fall off as Elland Rd is a pressure cooker for big matches and not in a good way for the home team.

• Like 1

If best of the rest means 7th that's wildly optimistic. Sheffield United were right up there for 3/4 of the season but tailed off towards the end of the season and finished 9th, only two points clear of the bottom half in the end.

Of course Wolves finished 7th after they came up but they simply have much better players than Leeds do currently.

4 hours ago, andym said:

Just like with Liverpool, they appear to be pushing that Leeds should be everyones favourite other team, that all neutrals should be overjoyed that they are 'back where they belong'.

They can **** off.

Leeds should never, ever be everyones second team. Where to start?

The fact the first team in Leeds had to be abolished due to final irregularities

Don Revie's  dirty Leeds and alleged case of match fixing. Obviously they were a great side but never loved outside of Yorkshire.

The fact in their most important game in history led to mass riots and being banned from Europe

Active National Front members at games in the bad days of the 80s.

Cuddly Ken Bates

Bowyer trial etc,etc

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

It’s hard to tell what they will do.

Bielsa has them playing a style that would give any side a difficult game.I think they have been the best championship side for three consecutive seasons.

If you ask me they will be ok.They will claim big scalps (definitely Utd) and get the fans a bit excited but inevitably fail to keep it up over the whole season.

If the fans are back towards the end of the season and they are in the relegation shake up then watch the wheels fall off as Elland Rd is a pressure cooker for big matches and not in a good way for the home team.

They were only good for 2 seasons to be fair. 3 seasons ago they finished 13th, and Wolves were by far the best team in the league, and in my opinion ever in the Championship. There were a lot of strong teams that season too like us, Fulham, Derby and surprisingly Cardiff.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If best of the rest means 7th that's wildly optimistic. Sheffield United were right up there for 3/4 of the season but tailed off towards the end of the season and finished 9th, only two points clear of the bottom half in the end.

Of course Wolves finished 7th after they came up but they simply have much better players than Leeds do currently.

I think Julien's point is that Bielsa is a superior coach to the likes of Bruce and Hodgson.

He isn't wrong there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I don't think there is much of a rivalry.

A lot of Villa fans are still mad about Bamford/Jansson from when we played last and that's fine, but for us its not that deep. Our automatic push was already dead then and this was just a cumulation of all our frustrations after being so comfortably ahead of the pack 2 months prior.

The bit extra is more down to finally having a club of similar stature in the league than anything inparticular towards Villa. When you've gone from your main rivals being Utd and Chelsea to Barnsley and Sheffield its a lot less exciting. You lot coming down was a good chance to have some fun with a bigger club but now were back in the prem its not that different to any other game.

Leeds hate everybody/everybody hates Leeds half the clubs in the championship will feel as Villa fans do towards us

Sorry but that is complete BS...

The hate from Leeds fans on Grealish's Twitter page started way before all that; I was shocked and disgusted with what I read.

Never really had any opinion of Leeds but after seeing that I hate them...hope you get relegated and fall into obscurity once again.

However the media are citing Bielsa as the 'second coming' of Christ so we'll see what he's got.

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think Julien's point is that Bielsa is a superior coach to the likes of Bruce and Hodgson.

He isn't wrong there. 

Finishing above them won't mean "best of the rest" though, it will likely mean 14th or 15th as Palace could well be a bottom 3 team this year.

I presume Julien Laurens is predicting them to be 7th or 8th? Finishing above Everton, Leicester and Wolves would be amazing effort from Bielsa, no chance with the squad Leeds have currently got.

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Finishing above them won't mean "best of the rest" though, it will likely mean 14th or 15th as Palace could well be a bottom 3 team this year.

I presume Julien Laurens is predicting them to be 7th or 8th? Finishing above Everton, Leicester and Wolves would be amazing effort from Bielsa, no chance with the squad Leeds have currently got.

Yeah it's stretching it.

But in my mind it is not outside the realm of possibility for them to finish 9th - 10th

I just think a lot of teams will be caught off guard by the Bielsa press.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Julien Laurens just said he would go with a different option and picked Leeds. He also said he hasnt watched them as much 

Bielsa for his hype isnt as good as Ancelotti, Nuno, Hassenhuttl Dyche or arguably Rodgers

55 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They were only good for 2 seasons to be fair. 3 seasons ago they finished 13th, and Wolves were by far the best team in the league, and in my opinion ever in the Championship. There were a lot of strong teams that season too like us, Fulham, Derby and surprisingly Cardiff.

Yes. 

That season was a tough one.For some reason I remembered Leeds playing a bigger part.

Â