Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Bent was a panic but to avoid relegation, and he scored the goals to keep us up. From that point of view he did what we wanted from him. The problem was we didn’t push on from survival, and eventually dropped. I hope 1) we survive tomorrow and then 2) we push on and get away from the trap door.

I reckon we'd have stayed up without signing Bent tbh. Yes we weren't in great shape at the time but we still had Young and Downing and Gabby would've probably stepped up with a few goals. Defensively we weren't too bad in the run in either so we'd have grinded out enough results. We actually didn't win that many games in the weeks after he came in.

With that outlay you'd feel Bent should've fired us back into europe but of course we sold his supply line that summer which was very frustrating. Sort of signing we should've made in the MON era anyway.

• Like 1

Some papers reporting messi is telling the barcelona board to hire biesla as manager.

Imagjne that happens? Leeds would be in desperate trouble because the only reason they would stay up is biesla. If Barcelona come calling there is no way he is sticking around at leeds

• Like 1

Bielsa would flop at Barcelona

He has never really achieved anything at club level

Winning the Championship is probably his greatest achievement 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KHV said:

Bielsa would flop at Barcelona

He has never really achieved anything at club level

Winning the Championship is probably his greatest achievement 

He's spent the majority of his career at national level with Argentina and Chile and he's not really been at any club that was expected to challenge for titles.

Can't really fault him for not beating Barca, Real and Atleti to the La Liga title or for not beating PSG in France. 

Bielsa would likely not work at Barca thou as that squad is too old and content and not hungry enough to do the work that Bielsa demands. He'd walk out before Christmas.

• Like 1

Espanyol he was poor, Lille too. Nobody asked him to challenge for titles but those teams did nothing. In Mexico he was very average. Outside of Argentina Leeds is probably his greatest club success

Some of their fans saying they are happy we stayed up as it's 6 points for them next season what a bunch of deluded bell-ends. Been the "big-fish" in a small pond for a huge amount of time, they are in for a rude awakening with the step up in quality and their inevitable fight for survival next season.

Bielsa to have his obligatory mid-season melt down when some of the new signings don't gel or to head to Barca before the season even kicks off would be even better.

These really hate us don’t they. Genuinely seem as obsessed with us as Wolves and Albion have been lately.

Don’t really get it with Leeds. Couldn’t care less how well or badly they do to be honest. 

Thought their hatred was for Man U not us. A rivalry that goes back to the Don Revie days. They are a big club but been in the wilderness a long time. Rather them go up than another London side to be honest

On 22/07/2020 at 13:45, tonyh29 said:

They do seem a bitter lot up in Leeds don't they   ..article with Kalvin Phillips and it ends with

"I’m so pleased Victor told me I wasn’t leaving. I said that to him last night. He was thanking me for staying but I thanked him. I told him, ‘If it wasn’t for you, this wouldn’t be happening. I’d have been getting relegated with Aston Villa instead’.”

6fe.jpg

• Like 2

Enjoy the promotion Leeds, I hope it makes you very happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life to troll Villa on Twitter today. 

I hope now you will spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because you have all the grace of a reversing dump trunk without any tyres on.

See losing Come Dine With Me UK host's epic meltdown | Stuff.co.nz

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Espanyol he was poor, Lille too. Nobody asked him to challenge for titles but those teams did nothing. In Mexico he was very average. Outside of Argentina Leeds is probably his greatest club success

Bilbao?

I see they're getting linked to that Jonathan David guy who seems to have a good reputation in Belgium. Given how much we buy from that area I assume we'd put in a counter bid.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Thought their hatred was for Man U not us. A rivalry that goes back to the Don Revie days. They are a big club but been in the wilderness a long time. Rather them go up than another London side to be honest

Yeah seems like all their hate is directed into one way relationships.  They should start on Bradford, they might get the response they want.

Edited by Wainy316

Â